Once you read this recipe you can learn how you can make easily tasty Cranberry summer sausage recipe.
Table of Contents
Why you may choose this Cranberry summer sausage recipe:
The sweet-sour Cranberry summer sausage recipe is taken too much time to cook but the process is very easy to make.
It is a flavorful and tasty sausage. You can burger, sandwich by using this sausage. Just cut it and make your desired dish.
It is also very healthy and contains too much protein that is very helpful for your body.
It is not very fatty so for people who want to fit but do not want to become fatty, this Cranberry summer sausage recipe is best for them.
Note: You can use your required spices to make your desired sausages.
Most Delicious Cranberry Summer Sausage Recipe
The ingredients for the cranberry summer sausage recipe can be easily obtained, and its cooking method is easy which will give you maximum taste and will play an important role in your weight control as it is low in calories.
- Prep Time20 min
- Cook Time4 hr
- Perform Time20 min
- Total Time4 hr 40 min
- Serving Size8
- Energy130 cal
Ingredients of Cranberry Summer Sausage Recipe
- 1 ½ tsp ground coriander
- 3 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp whole mustard seeds
- 2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 cup dried cranberry ( you can use fresh cranberry)
- 4 lbs lean beef
- 2 lbs pork butt
- 4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cure #1
- 3 tsp dextrose powder
- 2 tsp sugar (optional)
- 1 ½ tsp garlic paste
- 0.24 g F-LC culture
- Chopping board
- Sausage stuffer
- Fibrous sausage casings (60 mm diameter) (you can use plastic casings)
At first cut meat into pieces.
Take cut meat in a big bowl. Then mix with spices. If you mix spices before grind it will interblend very well.
That’s why to add ground coriander, ground black pepper, mustard seeds, ground allspice, salt, cure #1, dextrose powder, sugar garlic paste, and F-LC culture with pieces of meat.
Combine them very well. Cover the bowl and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Remove from fridge and grind the meat with the help of grinder. Grind twice so that the meat becomes very smooth.
Once you are done grinding the meat take it in a bowl. Pour cranberry in it. Mix it well so that cranberry is distributed evenly.
Now sausage is ready to stuff. Use sausage stuffer to stuff sausage. Prepare stuffer with sausage casings.
Then fill the casings with sausage with the help of a stuffer. Leave empty last 2-3 inches for tying.
When done stuffing all the sausage it is ready to cook.
Prepare smoker. Heat it to 165 F. Check the temperature. If the temperature is right put the sausage in the smoker. Cook for 4 hours and apply heavy smoke.
Once the sausage is done cooking remove it from the smoker. Hang the sausage on a stick at room temperature for overnight to cool.
If you want to dry the sausages then keep it hand in60-70 F for 3-4 days or until desired weight loss is achieved. The sausage is now ready to eat.
- Serving Size8
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*Standard DV
- Total Fat6 g78 g7.69%
- Saturated Fat2.5 g20 g12.5%
- Trans Fat0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat0 g
- Cholesterol30 mg300 mg10%
- Sodium520 mg2300 mg22.61%
- Total Carbohydrate7 g275 g2.55%
- Dietary Fiber1 g28 g3.57%
- Total Sugars5 g
- Added Sugars0 g50 g0%
- Sugar Alcohal0 g
- Protein11 g50 g22%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)0 IU800 IU0%
- Calcium11 mg1300 mg0.85%
- Iron1 mg18 mg5.56%
- Potassium180 mg4700 mg3.83%
- Vitamin A0 mcg900 mcg0%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)0 mg90 mg0%
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)0 IU33 IU0%
- Vitamin K0 mcg120 mcg0%
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin)0 mg1.2 mg0%
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)0 mg1.3 mg0%
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin)0 mg16 mg0%
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)0 mg1.7 mg0%
- Folate0 mcg400 mcg0%
Activity Needed to Burn:
140 calories (Per Serving)
* Note: It depends on your activity, so it may be a little more or less.
Some relevant questions about summer sausage are answered below
What is summer sausage made out of?
- Summer sausage is usually made with beef, but pork is also in vogue.
Can you fry summer sausage?
- It is usually cut into thin slices to serve with wine and cheese. You can fry and serve but the beauty of it is to serve it in simple way.
Does summer sausage taste like salami?
- They are called by different names only for the difference of moisture content and all other things like taste, look, and texture are the same.
Is summer sausage healthy to eat?
- Since summer sausage contains a lot of Vitamin B-12 and Iron which plays an important role in the production of red blood cells and hemoglobin. So you can take healthy summer sausage
Can dogs eat summer sausage?
- Since summer sausage contains a lot of sodium, if your dog regularly consumes large amounts of summer sausage, it can lead to various digestive problems.