I was thinking about a recipe for you that is both refreshing and invigorating. I bet you are thinking now, how easy and quick this recipe would be!
So what if I told you that this recipe only takes 30-40 minutes to make? Well, it would be perfect for a quick and easy pick-me-up.
Plus, tomatoes are known to boost your immune system so this is definitely a recipe worth taking advantage of.
And you know what? At first, I thought about giving you a recipe for tomato soup, but then I thought, instead let’s make the tomato bath recipe. I now can realize that the tomato bath homemade variation recipe has a lot more benefits than just tomato soup.
Let’s now chill out and soak in some tomato goodness.
Table of Contents
How do you make a tomato bath recipe?
Ok, let me assume that you never made a tomato bath before. If you are thinking this recipe is all about tomatoes, then my dear friend, you are wrong.
A tomato bath recipe is not only about tomatoes. It is also all about the spices and ingredients that go into this recipe. And here the main ingredient is rice for which this recipe is also known as tomato rice recipe.
I know it’s weird but trust me, this rice recipe is one of a kind. And even better?
Simply, cook the rice according to my instructions. Once cooked, add water and tomatoes to a pot and bring to a boil. Add a few more ingredients and done!
But if you don’t read and go through my entire guide then it won’t be as easy as it sounds.
Can I use any kind of tomatoes in this recipe?
You will be surprised to know that there are more than 45 types of tomatoes that can be used in making different recipes.
But if you are looking for some recommendations, then I would suggest using cherry tomatoes or any type of tomato with a sweet flavor.
Though any type of tomato can be used in this recipe, cherry tomatoes are my favorite because they pack a lot of flavors.
However, I am going to use normal tomatoes today so that the recipe did not become so hard to follow for you.
Okay, so now that we have clarified the recipe a little bit, let’s talk about what you will need to make this tomato bath recipe.
Tomato bath recipe
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time20 min
- Total Time35 min
- YieldTomato bath
- Serving Size4
- Energy590 cal
- 1 cup of basmati rice, cooked
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp of garlic, paste
- 2 green onions (scallions), chopped
- 2 tbsp ghee, fresh
For the spices and paste
- 1/4 cup grated coconut
- 8 medium size onion
- 1 small Cinnamon
- 5 green chilies
- 1 clove
- 1 cardamom
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 2 pinches of turmeric powder
- a pinch of ground red pepper flakes can also be used
To temper the recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil/ coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp Urad dal
- 1 tsp Chana dal
First, rinse the rice and soak it in enough water for 10 minutes.
In a pot, cook the rice.
While the rice is cooking, cook your tomatoes by chopping them into small pieces and then slice the onions.
After the rice is done, let it cool a bit.
In a small pan, heat ghee and add garlic paste to it.
Once the garlic paste starts to cook, add green onions and tomatoes chopped in that pan.
Add all the tempering ingredients also.
Cook until everything fully cooks (approx. 5-7 minutes).
Once it is done, add salt.
Now, grind the spices and paste ingredients mentioned above together to a fine paste.
Cook for a while by adding a bit of water and ghee.
Add this with the tempering mixture to the rice and gently mix everything well together.
Serve warm or cold and enjoy.
One simple salad recipe is the chuy salsa recipe.
- Serving Size4
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*Standard DV
- Saturated Fat10 g20 g50%
- Trans Fat1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat4 g
- Cholesterol29 mg300 mg9.67%
- Sodium635 mg2300 mg27.61%
- Total Carbohydrate101 g275 g36.73%
- Dietary Fiber9 g28 g32.14%
- Total Sugars10 g
- Added Sugars- g50 g0%
- Sugar Alcohal- g
- Protein13 g50 g26%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)- IU800 IU0%
- Calcium131 mg1300 mg10.08%
- Iron5 mg18 mg27.78%
- Potassium865 mg4700 mg18.4%
- Vitamin A- mcg900 mcg0%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)- mg90 mg0%
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)- IU33 IU0%
Pro Tips to make the recipe tastier:
1) Take your time to mix everything well before adding this to the rice and make sure that everything is cooked well.
2) Try different spices and mix them in to make them more exciting. Though this spicy ingredient is a variation added by me to the rice recipe, you can also use cumin seeds to add a different flavor profile instead.
3) Look, it all depends on your personal preferences and how spicy you want to make the recipe. Remember cooked rice should be mushy and not hard.
How healthy this recipe is?
Now what? If you are done reading the above part which is obviously the main one, then let’s now come to the health benefits of this easy recipe.
Let me tell you, I used to hate eating tomatoes when I was a kid.
I know many kids nowadays do the same thing. But guess what? After trying this recipe, I have started liking tomatoes and even crave them a lot too.
One of the main reasons why the tomato bath recipe is so healthy for you is that it contains heart-healthy nutrients like Vitamins, fiber, and fatty acids. Also, some antioxidants are present in tomatoes which help fight against free radicals in your body.
The best part is, this recipe is a perfect way to get rid of those cravings for junk food and unhealthy foods.
The rice dish in this recipe is cooked well so that it will be soft and absorbent something which we all definitely love when it comes to food.
3 best ways to serve Tomato bath rice recipe
If you are now feeling stressed about how to serve this recipe well and don’t want to be bothered, here are the three best ways to serve it.
Though these are just optional, I highly recommend you try them out.
1) Just like any other rice dish, this tomato bath rice recipe can also be served as a side dish with some curry or masala sauce on it.
2) You can cook the rice and then add all of your favorite vegetables like carrots, peas, green beans, etc in between them. When you are done cooking everything together, simply put it in a serving dish and top it off with some cilantro leaves if you prefer. Or try serving cooked chicken or beef pieces over this amazing tomato recipe.
3) Simply serve it as the main course, no need to add any side dish. Simply enjoy the recipe as it is, with a glass of green tea or chai to boost your health even further.
Our previous article: beef afritada recipe.
Frequently asked questions:
Q: How long does it take to cook this tomato easy rice recipe?
A: This tomato bath rice recipe takes about 20-30 minutes to cook. Guess what? You can easily adjust the time according to your preferences.
Q: What kind of rice can I cook for this easy tomato recipe?
A: Cooked white or brown rice can be used in this recipe. Though white rice tastes a little better when cooked properly, the flavor and texture of brown rice will be just as good too.
Q: Is cilantro required?
A: Look, you can omit it if you prefer. But if you do add it, I recommend garnishing your rice dish with cilantro leaves before serving. It will give it a nice freshness and flavor
Don’t hesitate to make your day a little better by trying this tomato bath recipe. If you search online, you will find a lot of reviews that are positive about it.
The taste depends on how spicy you like your food. If you are a fan of Indian cuisine, then this recipe is a must-try recipe for you.
If this is not what you are looking then be sure to check our other recipes too.
We have a huge variety of easy recipes that you can choose from.