As fithull is committed to helping you make your life easier. So here is another delicious recipe for chocolate cake. It is as easy as it sounds and makes for a perfect birthday party treat or family meal, especially during the holidays.
Yolanda Gampp chocolate cake recipe is the one that made it big in my house. The delicate cake looks just like a sponge but is filled with layers of ganache, mousse, and nuts.
If you love chocolate cake, then you’ll enjoy this article for sure.
Why is chocolate cake the best?
Chocolate cake is the best dessert ever! It has been around for centuries, and it has come a long way. People will still argue about which kind of chocolate is better – milk or dark.
To understand why people like chocolate cake so much, let’s look at why chocolate cake is best. There are many reasons why chocolate cake is the best. Some of the benefits include:
- Chocolate cake is a classic, and everyone loves it.
- Easy to make and does not require any unique ingredients.
- It is a healthy dessert that everyone can enjoy.
- It tastes excellent and can be enjoyed with or without frosting.
Best chocolate cake recipe
We are always looking for the best chocolate cake recipe, and now we have a winner! Yolanda Gampp has created this savory and delicious recipe.
She calls it the Best Chocolate Cake recipe, and her cakes have been delighting thousands of people worldwide. Now you might be wondering about who this Yolanda is! Here is the answer.
Yolanda Gampp cakes
In the world of baking, one name is constantly synonymous with perfection: Yolanda Gampp. She is an American food blogger and television personality who became famous after sharing her recipes on social media.
Yolanda Gampp, also known as “The Cake Lady,” is one of the best-known Swiss cake bakers. Yo’s chocolate cake is recognized for its love of chocolate and has created a massive number of unique cakes which have gained popularity over the years.
What makes the cake moist, soft, and fluffy?
You’ve baked a cake, but it never seems to come out of the oven the way you want. It might be too dry, too wet, or just not very good at all. So what is going on here?
Is it true that the cake should be moist and soft? Well, it is not! Many people assume that moistness is directly proportional to the amount of sugar. But is this assumption correct?
It turns out that other factors like egg whites and baking powder can make your cake dry. Here is a brief discussion about other ingredients that give your cakes a beautiful crumb.
Baking powder is a crucial ingredient in cakes that helps to make them fluffy, moist, and soft. It contains two main components: soda and baking soda.
Soda is a type of alkali that reacts with an acid to form carbon dioxide and water. When these two substances are combined, they create bubbles that help make the cake light and fluffy.
Eggs are the main ingredient in most cakes, and they help create a tender texture by binding together the other ingredients.
Butter is also essential for making cakes fluffy. Because it helps create a smooth texture and prevents them from becoming dry.
Sugar is also necessary for giving cakes their sweetness and flavor. Flour is used to thicken the cake and give it a nice texture.
These ingredients work together to create a dense but fluffy cake. It was just a part to help you make a delicious cake doesn’t matter whatever the type is. However, The essential factor is now finished, and let’s move to the main feature.
Yolanda Gampp chocolate cake recipe
- Prep Time20 min
- Cook Time40 min
- Perform Time15 min
- Total Time1 hr 15 min
- YieldChocolate Cake
- Serving Size10-15
- Energy450 cal
Ingredients of Yolanda Gampp chocolate cake recipe
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (60% to 70% cacao)
Instruction for Yolanda Gampp chocolate cake recipe
preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)—grease and flour in one 9×13 inch baking pan.
Combine the sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
Beat until well combined.
Add the flour mixture alternately with the water until all ingredients are moistened.
Scrape the bowl if necessary so that the color of the combination should lighten up.
Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cool the cake before frosting or serving. Please place it in the freezer for approximately 45 minutes.
The layers should now be removed from the pans by gently flipping them over after cooling them completely.
For the chocolate frosting:
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate and butter until smooth.
- Remove from the heat, then add 1 teaspoon of salt.
Gradually add enough milk to make desired consistency (you may not need all of it).
- Serving Size10-15
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*Standard DV
- Total Fat16 g78 g20.51%
- Saturated Fat9 g20 g45%
- Trans Fat0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat0 g
- Cholesterol61 mg300 mg20.33%
- Sodium274 mg2300 mg11.91%
- Total Carbohydrate73 g275 g26.55%
- Dietary Fiber3 g28 g10.71%
- Total Sugars54 g
- Added Sugars0 g50 g0%
- Sugar Alcohal0 g
- Protein5 g50 g10%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)- IU800 IU0%
- Calcium- mg1300 mg0%
- Iron- mg18 mg0%
- Potassium- mg4700 mg0%
- Vitamin A- mcg900 mcg0%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)- mg90 mg0%
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)- IU33 IU0%
Pro Tips to make the Yolanda Gampp chocolate cake recipe tastier:
- When it comes to baking, the higher the quality of the chocolate, the better the results will be. Make sure to use a bar of dark chocolate that is at least 70% cocoa content for best results.
- Use sugar-free sweeteners like Stevia or Xylitol for a lower calorie option, and still get that sweet chocolate flavor you love!
- Don’t be tempted to frost your cake right after it comes out of the oven. Allow it to cool completely before frosting or serving. This will help ensure that the cake fully absorbs the flavors and is more moist and delicious in general.
Health benefits of Yolanda chocolate cake recipe
Unlike many other desserts, this chocolate cake doesn’t contain high sugar or unhealthy fats.
Most versions of chocolate cake are packed with antioxidants and other nutrients that promote health and well-being. Here are some health benefits of Yo’s Ultimate Chocolate Cake:
- It is low in sugar, making it a good choice for maintaining weight.
- It is an excellent source of dietary fiber.
- It is high in antioxidants, which can help protect the body from damage caused by free radicals.
- Chocolate cake is an excellent source of magnesium, which has been shown to help regulate blood pressure and improve heart health.
How do I get a chocolate cake to taste more chocolaty?
There are a few ways to make a chocolate cake taste more chocolatey. One way is to use cocoa powder in the recipe. Cocoa powder is a dark chocolate substitute that gives the cake a richer flavor and darker color.
Another way to make the cake more chocolatey is to add some semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips to the batter.
Bittersweet and semi-sweet chocolates are slightly sweeter than standard dark chocolates, so they add more sweetness to the cake without making it too sweet.
There’s nothing like a delicious, homemade chocolate cake to make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. If you’re looking for a recipe that can bring back memories of your childhood, look no further than the Yolanda Gampp chocolate cake recipe.
Your ultimate chocolate cake recipe is delicious and easy to make. Here we have outlined every single step simply. If you have not tried this yet, you should try it out!