You may know after finishing this article: Sugar is called white poison, so it is possible to live a healthy life if we can eliminate sugar from our diet. Sugar is one of the main causes of various complex diseases.
Why is sugar bad for you? You may have already heard that consuming too much sugar is a serious health threat. But even then, it is not possible to give up, because you have little love for sugary foods in the market.
But today a little more alarming report will be heard for you!!! According to the US government, 200 years ago, every USA citizen consumed only two pounds of sugar a year.
But the most worrying thing is that the quantity came to sixty pounds today. Which is equal to 6780 tablespoons a year.
Its main sources are various types of drinks, candy, chocolate, tea and coffee.
Which is far more than a human can accept. According to the American Heart Association’s recommendation, a man can consume a maximum of nine tablespoons a day and an adult female can consume a maximum of six tablespoons of sugar a day.
Dangers of excess sugar
To us in general, excess sugar seems to damage the teeth and help in weight gain. But the extent of its damage is even broader than you think.
Taking more than the American Health Association’s recommended amount poses a serious health threat. And researchers believe that heart disease has something to do with it.
However, it is meant to be only sugar mixed with food. However, natural sugar is not included, as can be found from ripe fruits and sweet potatoes.
Let’s take a look at a long list of what can really be a problem with consuming excess sugar.
More questions that may arise in your mind about dangers of excess sugar
What is a dangerous amount of sugar?
- Direct sugar and sugary foods should be avoided as much as possible. However, according to the American Heart Association, an adult woman should not consume more than 25 grams of sugar per day and an adult man should not consume more than 36 grams of sugar per day.
How do you flush sugar out of your body?
- The only way to flush out excess sugar is to drink enough water. Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water regularly then the body will get rid of excess sugar.
What are the signs of too much sugar in the body?
- By looking at some of the symptoms you will realize that your body should flush out excess sugar such as: weight gain, loss of energy, decreased immunity, insomnia and aging.
Is honey better than sugar?
- Honey has a lower GI value than sugar so it can balance blood sugar levels. However, it is better to eat less because it has enough calories
Can you get diabetes from eating too much sugar?
- The idea that consuming extra sugar will be diabetic is wrong. Diabetes occurs when your body fails to convert food into energy. Source: WebMD
Synopsis: Sugary foods have a role to play in heart problems, excess weight gain and dental problems, so sugary foods should be avoided as much as possible.
Your weight may increase
Obesity in the world is increasing day by day, which has become difficult to control.
If you look at a USA survey, you realize how serious it is. 36.5% of American adults suffer from obesity, and 17% of children and adolescents suffer from this problem.
Moreover, only Americans are spending $ 147 billion a year to get rid of obesity. And this continuity is increasing, so if its reins are not caught now, our future will be dark.
Experts, however, have termed sugary foods as the main enemy for obesity. Most Americans prefer sugar-sweetened beverages such as soda, sweet coffee and tea.
But the main problem is that in other places, the fructose contained in these foods that increases the food needs of the people and helps the body to accumulate excess fat.
And once in a while it was out of control. Consuming excess amounts of fructose causes leptin resistance, an important hormone that regulates your appetite.
More questions that may arise in your mind about extra weight
Why does weight increase?
- It is very normal to calculate how many calories you are burning in a day and how many calories you are consuming to know why you are going towards obesity. However, there are some different medical issues for which you are getting fat
What food causes most weight gain?
- There are some foods that are directly associated with weight gain such as: sugary beverages, potato chips, red meat and any processed foods
What disease makes you gain weight?
- You may gain weight from thyroid disorder called hypothyroidism. Suffering from this disease reduces metabolism which plays a helpful role in weight gain
How do you get a faster metabolism?
- There are several methods you can follow to speed up your metabolism, such as eating a high protein diet, drinking cold water, exercising regularly, and drinking green tea regularly.
Why am I hungry every 2 hours?
- Frequent hunger means you are not eating enough protein, fiber and fatty foods. So try to ensure these ingredients regularly specially at breakfast
Synopsis: Sugary foods should be avoided for obesity. And if we can do that, then it is possible to live a healthy life.
Your risk of heart disease may increase
High-sugar foods will slowly lead you to illness and create a variety of diseases, including heart disease.
Which is one of the leading cause of death of most people in the present world. Studies have shown that high-sugar foods are responsible for obesity, which in turn increases inflammation in the body and produces high triglyceride levels.
Triglyceride is a type of fat that is mixed with blood, and when it increases, it can cause serious heart damage.
More questions that may arise in your mind about heart disease
What are 4 types of heart diseases?
- Coronary artery disease, arrhythmia, cardiomyopathy and atherosclerosis are the four major types of heart problems.
What are the early warning signs of heart disease?
- When you notice the early signs that you may have a heart problem, but if you have all these problems, it is not a heart problem. Instead, consult a doctor immediately if this problem occurs. Symptoms include sweating profusely, mild chest pain, and sore throat.
What foods cause heart disease?
- Avoid three main foods for heart disease, including sugar, salt and fat
Can heart disease be cured by exercise?
- According to the American Heart Association, regular 30 minutes of exercise 4-5 days a week improves heart health and reduces the risk of heart attack.
How can I strengthen my heart?
- There are a number of ways you can keep your heart healthy, such as regular exercise, quitting smoking, not overeating, and staying stress free.
Synopsis: Heart problems are one of the diseases that can occur as a result of eating sugary foods. So to keep the heart healthy you must avoid sugary foods.
May Increases your risk of diabetes
While there is no doubt that high-sugar foods will increase your chances of diabetes, it is clear from various studies that sugary foods have a special relationship with diabetes.
High levels of sugar inhibit insulin in the body, which is produced from pancreas and controls the amount of sugar in the blood in the body.
Therefore, it is normal for the body to create problems if insulin is disrupted.
You may be surprised to know that about 23.1 million people in the United States are currently diagnosed with diabetes, and 7.2 million are undiagnosed.
And that’s why this population is spending $ 245 billion a year. Then think about how awful the situation is.
More questions that may arise in your mind about diabetes
What are lifestyle changes that may reduce risk of diabetes?
- To reduce the risk of diabetes, you need to engage in regular activities and food habits such as: regular physical activity or exercise, weight control, quitting smoking, avoiding sugary foods and eating moderate amounts of food.
Can diabetes go away?
- Diabetes is an incurable disease, but it is possible to control it and live a healthy life. It is also possible to live a healthy life with diabetes through some dietary changes and physical activities.
What food can cause diabetes?
- There are some foods that increase your risk of diabetes, such as: any processed foods, high-sugar drinks, red meat and saturated fats.
What are the warning signs of prediabetes?
- There are some early symptoms that you should consult a doctor immediately if you notice. The symptoms are: increased appetite, increased thirst for water, frequent urination, tiredness with little physical exertion, blurred vision.
Who is most at risk for diabetes?
- Generally those who are at risk of Type 2 Diabetes: those who are obese, those over the age of 45, those who are genetically predisposed to the disease and those who do not want to exercise.
Synopsis: Diabetes is one of the most complex diseases, and many studies have shown that diabetes is related to sugary foods.
May Increase your risk of cancer
High-sugar foods may increase your risk of cancer, while sugary foods are usually responsible for obesity.
This increases inflammation in the body and creates resistance to insulin, which increases the risk of cancer.
More questions that may arise in your mind about cancer
What is the biggest cause of cancer?
- The use of tobacco and tobacco products is mainly responsible for cancer. Moreover some infected viruses such as hepatitis are also responsible for this disease
How does a cancer start?
- Cancer begins with the growth of unnecessary and uncontrolled cells. Gradually it spreads throughout the body and takes a deadly form.
What is the most common age to get cancer?
- Cancer can occur at any age, but according to medical science, there are some age differences between cancers. Lung cancer usually occurs after age 71, breast cancer after age 62, colorectal cancer after age 67 and prostate cancer after age 66. Source: https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/age
Can stress cause cancer?
- There is no evidence in medical science that excess stress can lead to cancer. However, stress has a serious negative effect on the body.
What foods prevent cancer?
- Green leafy vegetables such as spinach, kale, lettuce and chicory. Because it contains a lot of fiber, folate, and carotenoids that are able to prevent cancer. Source: https://www.webmd.com/cancer/ss/slideshow-cancer-fighting-foods
Synopsis: There are many causes of cancer in our body, but it is better to avoid sugary foods because of the risk of cancer.