Who doesn’t love a good sauce? In fact, I always think the sauce is a perfect way to top off any dish.
It can spice up your food, add flavor, and really make it stand out.
However, there are many variations and different ways of cooking this appetizer. But my favorite style is following the shabang steps.
Do you want to know the steps? Don’t worry then; I am there for you.
In this whole shabang recipe, I am going to show you how to make one of the most popular sauces in America.
From preparing the ingredients, cooking it down properly, and even finishing it off with a delicious glaze, I will go through everything. So, let’s get started cooking.
What are the four purposes of whole shabang sauce?
Before we get started, first let me tell you something about the whole shabang brand. The whole shabang brand is actually a type of company that prepares seasoned snacks.
Ok, let’s now see 4 purposes of whole shabang sauce:
1) As a condiment, shabang sauce can be used as a dip for fries, chicken tenders, or shrimp.
2) Whole shabang sauce is also great for seasoning seafood dishes.
3) It can also enhance the flavor of meatier dishes. Just drizzle on some of this delicious sauce before topping it off with your favorite ingredients
4) The moisture of sauce can also be used for dressing up salads.
What to serve with shabang sauce?
I know; I haven’t disclosed the recipe yet. But if you are thinking about what to serve with shabang sauce and making yourself tensed, then don’t worry; I have got you covered.
Below are some recipes that will not only complement shabang sauce but also make your meal a whole lot more enjoyable.
*Fries: My personal favorite way to enjoy this sauce is by dipping my fries in it.
Try different spice combinations like garlic powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, etc, to experiment with the flavor profile of shabang sauce. Or just go old school and dunk them into ketchup or mayonnaise.
*Crab Legs: Crab legs cooked in a garlic and spice-infused dipping sauce are absolutely delicious. This dish can be made in minutes by boiling crab legs in the water and then seasoning them with shabang sauce before serving.
*Shrimp: Cooked shrimp is the perfect way to enjoy this sauce. You could also serve it over rice or Pasta for a simple yet elegant meal.
Similar recipe recommendation: Ciroc pomegranate recipes.
Whole Shabang Recipe
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time15 min
- Total Time25 min
- YieldShabang Sauce
- Serving Size6
- Energy300 cal
Ingredients of Whole Shabang Recipe
- 30 cloves large garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons smoked sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons hot paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3-4 tablespoon seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay or Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning )
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 3 teaspoon tomato sauce of your choice (homemade or store-bought)
- 4 sticks of unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of water
Instructions for Whole Shabang Recipe
In a large bowl, combine garlic, oregano leaves, smoked paprika, hot paprika, cayenne pepper, seafood seasoning, garlic powder, sugar, and lemon pepper seasoning; mix well.
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Now put the mixer of the bowl in a saucepan and keep stirring.
Add lemon juice and water; boil for 2 minutes until thickened.
Lower the heat and simmer for more than 10 min to allow flavors to meld.
Serve shabang sauce over seafood, chicken, or fish dishes.
You can also use shabang sauce as a dip for french fries, onion rings, or pretzels.
- Serving Size6
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*Standard DV
- Total Fat27 g78 g34.62%
- Saturated Fat5 g20 g25%
- Trans Fat- g
- Polyunsaturated Fat- g
- Monounsaturated Fat- g
- Cholesterol- mg300 mg0%
- Sodium1420 mg2300 mg61.74%
- Total Carbohydrate14 g275 g5.09%
- Dietary Fiber3 g28 g10.71%
- Total Sugars3 g
- Added Sugars- g50 g0%
- Sugar Alcohal- g
- Protein2 g50 g4%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)- IU800 IU0%
- Calcium- mg1300 mg0%
- Iron- mg18 mg0%
- Potassium- mg4700 mg0%
- Vitamin A- mcg900 mcg0%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)- mg90 mg0%
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)- IU33 IU0%
Pro Tips to make the Whole Shabang Recipe tastier:
1) I usually add a couple of tablespoons of tomato sauce to my shabang recipe instead of just 2 teaspoons. It gives it a richer flavor and makes the sauce more consistent from one batch to the next.
2) If you don’t have cajun seasoning or tomato sauce on hand, heat up some garlic powder and granulated sugar until dissolved before adding it to the saucepan. This will help intensify the flavors in the sauce.
3) Forget seafood seasoning? No problem! Just increase the garlic powder, sugar, and lemon pepper seasoning in the recipe by a teaspoon or two.
How healthy is the whole shabang recipe?
Well, you are not the only one who asked whether this sauce is healthy or not. First, let me ask you, don’t you think sauce is an essential part of a good dish?
Then, the answer is pretty healthy as long as you omit any unhealthy ingredients.
In this recipe, all we are using are garlic, oregano leaves, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, and hot paprika.
All of these spices are rich in antioxidants and other beneficial nutrients that can help boost your health.
What I don’t recommend is adding processed foods or unhealthy fats to your shabang sauce. For example, some people like to add butter, heavy cream, or whole milk to their sauce.
These additions can increase the overall caloric and fat content of the recipe. So, if you want to make this recipe as healthy as possible, try using low-fat versions of the ingredients that are listed in the recipe.
For those who love homemade sauce recipes, you must try this whole shabang recipe. It is simple and easy to prepare.
You can make a variety of flavors with the ingredients we have mentioned above.
So, go ahead and impress your family and friends with your culinary skills. After all, everyone loves good food with a bit of sauce on them.