It is very well-known to you about famous pizza dough named Vito Iacopelli Pizza Dough recipe if you have ever been to Neapolitan of Italy. If not, you will know now about this amazing dish from here and will surely crave it.
It is a Neapolitan original dough pie whose ingredients are available in grocery stores in Italy. Some new people think that it is very hard to make at home and why they spoil more money by purchasing it from the restaurant.
This article has made perfect guidelines that will prove false that statement and make you prepare at home. Collect the ingredients and follow our all instructions for passing your time enjoyable with delicious pizza.
Table of Contents
The famous Italian restaurant Vito Iacopelli serves this mouth-watering pizza dough that demands so much from all people, especially travelers to Italy.
As mainly delicious dough, it is secretly used to make a perfect pizza. The original tip of that recipe is to make people pass a long time.
You have to manage all the ingredients perfectly and pass more time for making it, though your homemade recipe taste will make you forget the time. It needs two things making poolish and pizza dough.
Making pools for pizza dough
To make perfect pizza dough, poolish is one of the best ingredients, and for making that, you have to keep patience for making the pizza more crumbly and chewy.
It needs one or two days for soupy texture. It would help if you had a container that had to be large and sealed tight. You need the ingredients such as water, active yeast, honey, and flour but all-purpose flour is for pizza.
You have to mix all ingredients without flour into that container. After combining them, mix flour with them perfectly without having dry spots.
Cover that container after 15 minutes, keeping it setting. Keep the container in the refrigerator for about 12 – 14 hours but not more than that. It is now ready to make the dough.
Vito Iacopelli pizza dough recipe
- Prep Time14 hr
- Cook Time3 hr
- Total Time17 hr
- Serving Size6
- Energy30 cal
ingredients of Vito Iacopelli pizza dough recipe
- Prepared poolish
- 300gm of Manitoba flour
- 200gm of 00 flour
- 20gm of salt
- 300gm of water
Instructions for Vito Iacopelli pizza dough recipe
Add all poolish to the large bowl. Add now the 00 flour and Manitoba flour to that bowl.
Pour the water bit by bit into the flour and poolish combination. When water is completely added, the dough will then be very wet.
Dump the dough over the surface of a clean flat space and then start to knead.
When the dough becomes shaggy, stop kneading.
Now cover that with some oil. Stand it for about 15 minutes.
Transfer the dough gently from the flat surface to another bowl and shape it.
Brush your dough with a little oil. Now cover it with a damp towel. Please wait for a minimum of one hour for the dough being rest.
Now your dough is finally ready to be cut. Cut it into small pieces like 200 – 250gm size. Shape the cuts like balls.
Place all the dough balls separately into the baking tray so that the balls are aloof from one another.
Cover the balls with the plastic wrap and allow them to stay about 2 hours.
Finally, the balls are ready to be the pizza of Iacopelli.
- Serving Size6
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*Standard DV
- Total Fat5 g78 g6.41%
- Saturated Fat1 g20 g5%
- Trans Fat0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat1 g
- Cholesterol- mg300 mg0%
- Sodium1305 mg2300 mg56.74%
- Total Carbohydrate58 g275 g21.09%
- Dietary Fiber4 g28 g14.29%
- Total Sugars0 g
- Added Sugars0 g50 g0%
- Sugar Alcohal0 g
- Protein11 g50 g22%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)- IU800 IU0%
- Calcium35 mg1300 mg2.69%
- Iron4 mg18 mg22.22%
- Potassium- mg4700 mg0%
- Vitamin A- mcg900 mcg0%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)- mg90 mg0%
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)- IU33 IU0%
Health Issues of Vito Iacopelli pizza dough recipe
You may worry about this nutritional information. The 30 calories is perfectly enough for making pizza dough and helpful for health. There are 57% sodium and 21% carbohydrate. It also contains 3 kinds of fat, potassium, calcium, etc., which values are based on a daily calorie diet and sound health.
Pro tips to make the Vito Iacopelli pizza dough recipe better
- A poolish starter using helps to make your great pizza dough. As it is an Italian recipe, getting such a kind of dough is very challenging.
- Most of the pizza lovers of Italy are now learning to make this difficult and time-consuming dough because it is the essential part of the pizza.
- The fermentation of making this poolish increase and enhance the pizza crust and flavors.
- To make soft pizza, you need to cover the poolish tightly into a pot and out before only making pizza.
- Getting the pizza chewy with crumbly add hydration that fermentation will reduce soupy texture.
- There is a little difficulty in kneading the pizza dough. Follow and try these simple instructions that may help you on the next try.
- Pull off the dough perfectly by wrapping up. It makes it easier to get the Vito Iacopelli dough.
- Kneading is the main function that makes dough perfectly.