From my childhood, I’ve always loved the cake. In fact, whenever I would get home from school, I would go straight to my mom’s cupboard and take whatever cake she had in there. The cake was always a happy occasion for me.
I am not only referring to the sugar highs that cake can give you but also the happiness it evokes within one’s heart.
No matter what your life is like at the moment, baking a cake will always put a smile on your face, no matter how tough things may seem outside.
And that is why I wanted to share this Thunder Cake recipe with you. Let’s put some happiness into your life and make this cake.
Table of Contents
What makes thunder cake so special?
When I say cake, I am not just talking about any cake. I am referring to a cake that is specifically made for celebrations or special occasions.
Cakes are traditionally very fluffy, moist, and delicious. They are perfect for birthdays, anniversaries, and happy hours with friends. And that is why the thunder cake homemade recipe is so special.
I can tell you from personal experience that a thunder cake is a cake that can bring happiness to anyone’s day. Birthdays are always special for us, and baking a cake together made it even more special.
There are many things that make thunder cake great, but one of the biggest reasons why people love it so much is its fluffy texture.
Not only does thunder cake have a great texture, but its flavor is also fantastic. One more special thing is this recipe includes tomato puree, which gives the cake a rich, delicious flavor.
Better we make it today and practically explore why this recipe is special, right?
Can you add any other ingredients to this Thunder cake recipe?
Oh wait, I must tell you one thing before I start: this cake recipe is not just for celebration. Thunder cake can also be enjoyed as a snack or dessert on any special day.
So if you want to add extra flavor and sweetness to your cake, there are many other ingredients you can use in this recipe.
Some popular additions include chocolate chips, strawberries, bananas or oatmeal.
The sky’s the limit when it comes to adding variations and personal touches to thunder cake.
Now that we know what makes thunder cake so great and why people love baking it homemade, let’s get started with the recipe.
Thunder Cake Recipe
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time50 min
- Total Time1 hr 5 min
- Serving Size8
- Energy279 cal
Ingredients of Thunder Cake Recipe
- 3 cup cake flour
- Shortening 1 cup
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Baking soda 1 and 1/2 tsp
- 3 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 cup of cold water
- 1/3 cup tomato puree
Instructions for Thunder Cake Recipe
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease and flour an 8-inch cake pan.
In a large bowl, combine cake flour, shortening, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla extract.
Mix well until the mixture is crumbly.
Gradually add baking soda; mix well after each addition until smooth, just before using in the batter recipe
Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition
Mix cold water and tomato puree together
Fold into dry ingredients alternately with beaten eggs just until the batter is smooth.
Do not over mix the batter.
Pour batter into the cake pan and bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
You can frost this cake with vanilla butter cream frosting or chocolate ganache frosting.
Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting.
- Serving Size8
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*Standard DV
- Total Fat4.49 g78 g5.76%
- Saturated Fat- g20 g0%
- Trans Fat- g
- Polyunsaturated Fat- g
- Monounsaturated Fat- g
- Cholesterol163.68 mg300 mg54.56%
- Sodium77.51 mg2300 mg3.37%
- Total Carbohydrate5.02 g275 g1.83%
- Dietary Fiber0.22 g28 g0.79%
- Total Sugars3.23 g
- Added Sugars- g50 g0%
- Sugar Alcohal- g
- Protein5.85 g50 g11.7%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)- IU800 IU0%
- Calcium25.9 mg1300 mg1.99%
- Iron0.9 mg18 mg5%
- Potassium72.88 mg4700 mg1.55%
- Vitamin A- mcg900 mcg0%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)0.2 mg90 mg0.22%
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)- IU33 IU0%
Pro Tips to make the recipe tastier:
1) You can vary the thunder cake easy recipe by adding variations like chocolate chips, nuts or dried fruits.
2) Don’t you think tomato puree will make this cake less moist? Think again. The tomato puree actually contributes moisture to the cake recipe.
3) Grease and flour your cake pan only if you’re going to frost this thunder cake with frosting. If you don’t have a cake pan that needs greasing and flouring, thunder cake won’t stick to the pan very well, so it might not look as pretty when done baking.
4) Try baking the cake in a preheated oven instead of an ordinary one so that it will be done faster while maintaining its baking quality.
5) Serve frosted thunder cake warm or cold, depending on your preference.
Health benefits of thunder cake
Who doesn’t love cake? Especially when it’s this cake recipe that is packed with flavor and nutrition.
Here are some of the health benefits you can get from eating thunder cake:
1) Thunder cake is a great source of dietary fibre and contains 2 cups of it in every cup serving.
2) This cake also has plenty of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other nutrients like potassium which help maintain heart health.
3) The sweetness may help offset the calorie intake for some people. ( Older and people who have problems with sugar should avoid)
4) This cake is also rich in protein which can help maintain your muscle mass and keep you satiated for hours.
Now that you have all the ingredients, it’s time to bake something amazing like this thunder cake recipe.
The unique recipe will make your guests go ga-ga when they see you prepare it. You can also try making a different flavour of this as per your taste and preferences.
We are sure that once you start, it won’t take too much time before turning out just won’t.