Are you a banana cake lover? We know that there are so many different types of banana cakes, but this one is one of the best in the world.
This recipe is vegan and gluten-free, so it’s perfect for people with allergies or celiac disease. Our today’s recipe is called Sara lee banana sheet cake.
The best thing about Sara Lee Banana Cake recipe is that it is pretty simple. The great thing about this recipe is that it can be made ahead of time and then baked just before serving.
Here is a step-by-step formula that will help you prepare one of the most loved cakes in your kitchen. Before that, here is the answer to some common questions that people often ask me.
Does Sara Lee make banana cake?
Sara Lee is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of baked goods. They also make banana cake. Who doesn’t love Sara Lee cake?
Its distinctive flavors and intricate layers make it the ideal birthday cake or a gift for someone special. Even if you aren’t an avid baker, you can get this cake delivered to your door.
There are several Sara Lee cakes, from bite-sized chocolate chips to dense German chocolate.
They supply products to over 50 countries and sell them in over 100 countries. Their banana cake has become a favorite among many people.
Does banana cake have to be refrigerated?
There is no definitive answer, as it depends on the recipe and how moist the banana cake is. Some people recommend refrigerating banana cakes, while others do not.
It is always best to follow the specific instructions for a particular recipe. However, if you want it to be extra moist and delicious, you can place it in the fridge for a few hours before serving.
Difference between banana loaf and banana cake
Have you ever wondered what the difference is between banana loaf and banana cake? We do too. So, we asked our friends on Quora to help us out. Guess what they said!
If I tell you the differences, then one thing that comes first is the ingredients used for cooking these two. The banana loaf is a type of bread made from mashed bananas and flour.
It is usually dense and moist, and it has a sweet flavor. On the other hand, banana cake is a type of cake that is made from bananas and sugar. It is usually light and fluffy, and it has a banana flavor.
Also, banana cake is a sweet snack that uses banana slices instead of bread. It can be eaten with any meal or as an afternoon snack.
I hope everything is now clear to you. However, it’s time to move to the central part of our content. So, are you ready to know?
Sara Lee Banana Cake recipe
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time40 min
- Perform Time15 min
- Total Time1 hr 5 min
- YieldBanana Cake
- Serving Size4-5
- Energy349 cal
Ingredients of Sara Lee Banana Cake recipe
- Cake: All-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, vegetable oil (palm or canola), eggs, milk, bananas, lemon juice, Sour cream, ¼ cup.
- Frosting: Powdered sugar, butter (salted), vanilla extract, milk, lemon juice.
- Banana Layer: 2 cups mashed bananas (about 6 medium bananas), 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter (at room temperature), 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
Instructions for Sara Lee Banana Cake recipe
preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)—grease and flour an 8×8 inch baking pan.
Combine the bananas, sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Stir until the ingredients are combined.
Pour the banana mixture into the prepared baking pan and bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Allow the cake to fully cool before freezing or serving.
Beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract, and salt until smooth to frost.
Add in 1 cup of powdered sugar and mix well until combined. Frost cooled cake with the desired amount of frosting.
- Serving Size4-5
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*Standard DV
- Total Fat12.6 g78 g16.15%
- Saturated Fat6.600 g20 g33%
- Trans Fat- g
- Polyunsaturated Fat- g
- Monounsaturated Fat- g
- Cholesterol- mg300 mg0%
- Sodium371 mg2300 mg16.13%
- Total Carbohydrate55.30 g275 g20.11%
- Dietary Fiber- g28 g0%
- Total Sugars42.70 g
- Added Sugars- g50 g0%
- Sugar Alcohal- g
- Protein2.80 g50 g5.6%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)- IU800 IU0%
- Calcium- mg1300 mg0%
- Iron- mg18 mg0%
- Potassium- mg4700 mg0%
- Vitamin A- mcg900 mcg0%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)- mg90 mg0%
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)- IU33 IU0%
Expert Tips to make the Sara Lee Banana Cake recipe tastier:
- Use ripe bananas for the best results.
- Be sure to use butter or margarine in place of vegetable shortening in the recipe, giving the cake a richer flavor and texture.
- Avoid over mixing the batter, resulting in a tough cake.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before serving so that it is firm enough to cut without crumbling.
Is Sara Lee’s frozen banana cake good for your health?
There is no definitive answer as to whether Sara Lee’s frozen banana cake is good for your health. However, some people believe that frozen desserts are a healthy option.
Because they contain a good amount of calories and contain few carbohydrates. Additionally, many frozen desserts are made with natural flavors and ingredients, which may benefit your health.
Here are some health benefits of this recipe:
- Sara Lee’s frozen banana cake is a healthy and delicious dessert that everyone can enjoy.
- It is gluten-free, so people with gluten sensitivities can enjoy it.
- Another benefit of Sara Lee’s frozen banana cake is that it is a good source of potassium, fiber, and vitamin C.
But still, I recommend you to consult with a health doctor to confirm and avoid risks. As we always care for your health first.
As you can see, this is a straightforward and easy-to-follow recipe. This cake is delicious and will surely be loved by all the family members who come to your house for a party. You can serve it as an appetizer or dessert.
If you are looking for a delicious and healthy recipe to try, this is it! This Sara lee banana cake recipe is perfect for any occasion.
Do not forget to share the recipe with your family members or friends so they can enjoy it too.