If you are someone who has had difficulties in cooking, especially when it comes to pasta, then San Giorgio Baked Ziti Recipe is the right article for you.
This easy and delicious pasta recipe can be prepared at home in just 20 minutes. It is a tasty and nutritious dish that will satisfy your hunger in no time.
The original recipe called for only 3 ingredients: pasta, tomato sauce, and mozzarella cheese.
However, to make this dish even more amazing, we decided to add some special flavors and seasonings.
Table of Contents
San Giorgio Recipes
San Giorgio is a variety of Italian bread. It is called San Giorgio. Because it has a spiral design, similar to the shape of the hill that Saint George slew the dragon on top of.
The best part of San Giorgio recipes is its versatility. You can make a wide variety of dishes from it.
Also you can use different types of sauces, oils, and vegetables to create your dish.
Is there a difference between San Giorgio Baked Ziti Recipe and regular ziti recipes?
Do you know the differences between the san Giorgio baked ziti and regular ziti recipe?
IF not, then find it out here. San Giorgio ziti and the regular ziti recipe are that the former has a layer of cheese in the middle.
There are many differences like:
⇒ The ingredients used for san Giorgio recipes are different from those used for regular ziti recipes.
⇒ The process involved in making the two dishes is also different.
⇒ It takes more time to make San Giorgio Ziti Recipe because it has a cheese layer in the middle that needs to be baked.
However, as you know the differences already, now it’s time to show you the easiest way to cook this yummy recipe.
San Giorgio Baked Ziti Recipe
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time30 min
- Perform Time20 min
- Total Time1 hr
- Serving Size3-4
- Energy444 cal
Ingredients of San Giorgio Baked Ziti Recipe
- 1 box of uncooked san Giorgio ziti (16 oz.)
- It took 4 cups to make spaghetti sauce (1 medium jar)
- One and a half cups of ricotta cheese
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese that has been cut up into small pieces (8 oz.)
- 1 Tablespoon of parsley, cut into pieces
- One large egg whisked together
- One tablespoon of oregano
- garlic powder: 1 tablespoon of the stuff
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- Black pepper: 1/4 Teaspoon
- The Parmesan cheese of 3 tablespoons
San Giorgio Recipes of Baked Ziti: step by step process
Get a medium-sized pot large enough to hold all the ingredients.
Heat your oven to 400°F.
Pour olive oil into the pot and heat it until it is hot.
Add garlic and onion to the pan and cook them for about 5 minutes on low heat until softened.
Add ziti pasta and every other ingredient to the pan. Stir occasionally for about 10 minutes or until everything is well mixed together.
Pour mixture into a baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray or covered in foil and bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Then reduce heat to low and cover for about 20 minutes or until your pasta is done cooking.
Remove from oven and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top of baked ziti before serving.
- Serving Size3-4
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*Standard DV
- Total Fat17.7 g78 g22.69%
- Saturated Fat9.3 g20 g46.5%
- Trans Fat0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat0.6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat4.1 g
- Cholesterol73.6 mg300 mg24.53%
- Sodium1126 mg2300 mg48.96%
- Total Carbohydrate49.3 g275 g17.93%
- Dietary Fiber4.2 g28 g15%
- Total Sugars10.5 g
- Added Sugars0 g50 g0%
- Sugar Alcohal0 g
- Protein20.4 g50 g40.8%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)10.4 IU800 IU1.3%
- Calcium0 mg1300 mg0%
- Iron2.2 mg18 mg12.22%
- Potassium114.7 mg4700 mg2.44%
- Vitamin A188 mcg900 mcg20.89%
Pro Tips to make the recipe tastier:
⇒ Ensure that the flour and water mixture is not too dry or wet. The right consistency should be similar to thick pancake batter.
⇒ Add salt into the flour-water mixture to improve flavor and enhance the finished product’s taste by providing more nutrients and minerals for the body.
⇒ Roll out thin sheets of dough to ensure that each sheet has enough room for all of the ingredients needed to prevent unnecessary waste during cooking time.
how to burn calories fast
Health Benefits of san Giorgio baked ziti
The only thing we consider before cooking a recipe is how beneficial that will be for our health. Right?
Well then, to make things clear and increase your excitement to cook this delicious recipe, below are some health benefits of san Giorgio baked ziti-
1. It has a low glycemic index, which means it won’t spike your blood sugar levels and cause an insulin release like other foods with a high glycemic index.
2. Rich in antioxidants that can help fight cancer cells and free radicals.
3. It is high in calcium, iron, and vitamin D- three nutrients important for bone health and the prevention of osteoporosis.
4. Also a good source of dietary fiber– something most Americans don’t get enough of each day.
5. San Giorgio Baked Ziti contains whole grains that provide you with complex carbohydrates to fuel your body during exercise or any other physical activity.
Such as sports or gardening that you do throughout the day.
As you know, all the steps of cooking the San Giorgio Baked Ziti Recipe, It’s time to try it at home. If you have any questions or need help choosing a recipe, let us know.
Our team of experts is ready and waiting to partner with you to create an Italian dish tailored just for your needs.