After reading this article; you will know the benefactors of this potato salad recipe and how easily you can prepare it.
Salt lick potato salad is one kind of delicious recipe with BBQ that can broaden the taste twice.
As this recipe is dairy and gluten-free, it is a healthy diet for the human body. It is a side dish on the menu. It is very simple to prepare this recipe within a very short time.
As it has many nutritious values, everybody can keep this item like a salad with regular food.
Table of Contents
Why salt lick potato salad?
There are many types of salad recipes with BBQ or regular food items. But salt lick potato salad is one of the best recipes because it has many nutritional values.
It is free from gluten and dairy that helps with a slight diet. Not only healthy but also delicious that gives you a yummy taste refreshing your mouth.
It can be prepared very shortly and the ingredients are needed to it is easily findable to near market.
What is the Salt lick potato salad recipe?
Salt lick potato salad recipe is a vegan and vegetarian side dish salad recipe to salt lick BBQ. It is an Austin outside food. It is originated in Driftwood, Texas.
For its yummy taste and popularity, it is now findable in any town of the world, especially in America.
Salt lick potato salad recipe
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time20 min
- Perform Time25 min
- Total Time1 hr
- Serving Size4-5
- Energy245 cal
Ingredients of Salt lick potato salad recipe
- 2 pieces of white onions
- 1 cup juice of dill pickle
- 15 medium gold potatoes ( you can use few or more according to your potato size)
- 1 tbsp. of celery seed
- ½ pot of vinaigrette
- ½ cup B.B.Q sauce of salt lick
- Salt, ground fresh black pepper
Instructions for Salt lick potato salad recipe
Cut the onions roundly as chopping shape with the chopping board and keep the chopped onion pieces into a bowl.
Outpour the pickle juice on the chopped onion pieces so that the juice can muffle the onion pieces. Keep them in the fridge nightly to be cool.
Wash and clean well the potatoes with pure water. Peel from them. Cut them into cube style as one-inch shape.
Boil them into the water which is combined with salt. Boil them 15-20 minutes until they will be mushy touching by the fork.
Remove the except boiled water and keep the potatoes in a bowl. Spray salt, pepper, and celery seed on the potatoes in the bowl.
Put it into the fridge to be cool. When it will be cool, it will be ready for serving.
Mix the vinaigrette with BBQ sauce together. Deflate the pickled onions and add all the ingredients to the potatoes. Rock them until they will be blended.
- Serving Size4-5
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*Standard DV
- Total Fat11 g78 g14.1%
- Saturated Fat1.2 g20 g6%
- Trans Fat0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat0.11 g
- Monounsaturated Fat0.1 g
- Cholesterol0 mg300 mg0%
- Sodium999.5 mg2300 mg43.46%
- Total Carbohydrate33.6 g275 g12.22%
- Dietary Fiber3.8 g28 g13.57%
- Total Sugars5.6 g
- Added Sugars0 g50 g0%
- Sugar Alcohal0 g
- Protein3.3 g50 g6.6%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)0 IU800 IU0%
- Calcium40.3 mg1300 mg3.1%
- Iron1.57 mg18 mg8.72%
- Potassium668.9 mg4700 mg14.23%
- Vitamin A10.8 mcg900 mcg1.2%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)46.8 mg90 mg52%
Salt lick potato salad recipe can be used as breakfast or snack as it is considered as a side dish.
The children can enjoy it as a slight menu as their tiffin or party free time. It can be used as a refreshing for a family party.
How to serve this recipe will be even more delicious
As it is a side dish food item, you can keep it as a taste broadening item for regular food. But at an immediate party, you can give a surprise to your guests by serving it.
You can place it marinated again for regular use but you have to preheat it after freezing.
Health benefits of this recipe
It has many calories with most of the vitamin items fulfilled to this recipe. You can serve 10 per serving of this healthy benefactor recipe.
It has also sodium, potassium, carbohydrate, and many other health factors that help our body keep fit and strong.
how to burn calories fast
Few relevant questions about Salt lick potato salad recipe are answered below
Do you let potatoes cool before making potato salad?
- Letting the potatoes cool for a while does not make the mayo oily during salad mixing. So you can do it.
Why is my potato salad gluey?
- The salad can be gluey if the potatoes are kept in watery containers for a long time. This is because the potatoes absorb water and emit it when making the salad, which can make the salad feel gluey.
Is it better to bake or boil potatoes for potato salad?
- The best way to make potato salad is by boiling the potatoes.
How long does homemade potato salad last?
- If the salad is prepared properly, it stays fresh in the refrigerator for up to five days
Is it better to peel potatoes before boiling?
- You can peel at any time but it is better if you peel the potatoes after boiling, you can peel them very easily.