You may know after finishing this recipe:
After completing this recipe properly you can absorb a straight and clear concept to make a delicious Rainbow Drive In shoyu chicken recipe.
Why you may choose this Rainbow drive in shoyu chicken recipe:
Rainbow drive in shoyu chicken recipe is delicious and needs homely and easily found ingredients to make. It is a classic and tasty dish which can be served with rice.
Rice absorbs the sauce in no time. You can eat shoyu chicken with steamed vegetables, bread, noodles, etc.
Rainbow Drive In-Shoyu Chicken Recipe is also very healthy and nutritious. Choose this recipe and make it any time at home and enjoy it with your family.
Quick and Easy Rainbow Drive In Shoyu Chicken Recipe
Great delicious chicken recipe! Which you can easily make for your loved ones. This recipe is easy to make and rich in nutrients. So you can try too.
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time40 min
- Perform Time20 min
- Total Time1 hr 15 min
- Serving Size4
- Energy198 cal
Ingredients of Rainbow Drive In Shoyu Chicken Recipe
- Chicken (5 pounds chicken thighs with bone and skin)
- shoyu chicken sauce
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 ½ tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Aloha shoyu
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 ½ tbsp. Lea &Perrins Worcestershire sauce
- 1 oz. peeled ginger
- 1 ½ tsp minced garlic
- Water or chicken broth needed amount
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 3 tbsp. water
Instructions for Rainbow Drive In Shoyu Chicken Recipe
Heat sauté pan with one cup of water. Bring to boil in medium-high heat.
Mix chilli powder with 1 tsp vegetable oil and add salt to it.
Add chicken with boiling water. Lid the sauté pan and simmer for 2 minutes. Then flip the chicken.
The skinned side should be given below so that it can cook well. Simmer for another 3 minutes or until the chicken looks brown.
When browning the chicken, mix sauce ingredients (sugar, apple cider vinegar, Aloha shoyu, black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, ginger, and minced garlic) in a bowl.
Lid off the sauté pan and pour the sauce all over the chicken. Let it boil for 1 minute. Low heat to medium-low.
If the sauce is too thick pour 1 cup of water or chicken broth. Then lid the pan (skin side up) and let it simmer for another 15 minutes.
Remove the lid and add slurry (3tbsp flour and 3 tbsp. water mix). Low the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes or until it is thick of your required thickness.
Once Rainbow Drive in Shoyu Chicken Recipe is done remove it from heat. Put it on a plate. Cover the cooked chicken with the remaining sauce in the pan.
- Serving Size4
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*Standard DV
- Total Fat9 g78 g11.54%
- Saturated Fat2 g20 g10%
- Trans Fat0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat0 g
- Cholesterol90 mg300 mg30%
- Sodium998.3 mg2300 mg43.4%
- Total Carbohydrate8.6 g275 g3.13%
- Dietary Fiber0.1 g28 g0.36%
- Total Sugars7.7 g
- Added Sugars0 g50 g0%
- Protein21.8 g50 g43.6%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)0 IU800 IU0%
- Calcium3.9 mg1300 mg0.3%
- Iron1.33 mg18 mg7.39%
- Potassium30.1 mg4700 mg0.64%
- Vitamin A0 mcg900 mcg0%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)0.18 mg90 mg0.2%
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)0 IU33 IU0%
- Vitamin K0 mcg120 mcg0%
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin)0 mg1.2 mg0%
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)0 mg1.3 mg0%
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin)0 mg16 mg0%
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)0 mg1.7 mg0%
- Folate1.6 mcg400 mcg0.4%
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamine)0 mcg2.4 mcg0%
- Magnesium5.88 mg420 mg1.4%
- Zinc0.05 mg11 mg0.45%
- Selenium0.11 mcg55 mcg0.2%
Activity Needed to Burn:
198 calories (Total Serving)
* Note: It depends on your activity, so it may be a little more or less.
Some relevant questions about Rainbow Drive In Shoyu Chicken Recipe are answered below
What is a substitute for shoyu?
- Especially if you want gluten free food then you can use equal amount of tamari which is slightly thicker.
Is shoyu dressing healthy?
- Despite its high sodium content, it is considered healthy by everyone, but it is best to avoid those with high blood pressure.
Where is Aloha Shoyu made?
- A small shoyu manufacturing plant was established in Kalihi, Hawaii, in 1946. which was started by a Japanese family, but they are still working to keep their reputation intact.
What is white shoyu used for?
- White shou is commonly used for delicate sushi and other fish dishes
Is Aloha soy sauce sweet?
- Medium of salt-sweet with a delicate taste, but it contains less sodium than Original Soy Sauce which is good for health.