In this article you are guided, what is Portobello mushroom, how you choose the best mushrooms, how to make a protein-rich meal (Portobello mushroom chicken Texas roadhouse recipe) at home easily, which will help you to satisfy your loved ones, especially those who are fond of food.
Most people like mushrooms because of their meaty texture, flavor, and nutrition facts. Aren’t you fond of mushrooms? If you like mushrooms this recipe is perfect for you.
In this recipe, you can find healthy mushrooms with chicken. Here for your betterment, some basic view of Portobello mushroom is given below:
First, you have to know what Portobello mushroom is
Mushroom is one kind of fungi and is scientifically named Agaricus Bisporus. It is native to Europe and North American grasslands.
In the primary stage, it looks like a brown and white color. The firm portion is white and the spore is brown. This kind of mushroom is most liked all over the world and cultivated almost all over the world in grassy areas.
When a mushroom is that mature to ready to sell in that time mushroom is called Portobello mushroom or many other names. It is large and full of meat. It is also called a ‘medical mushroom’.
Be careful when choosing mushrooms.
There are lots of poisonous mushrooms grown here and there. So be careful while picking mushrooms. The poisonous mushroom is a little bit yellow, pink and it lacks a ring.
So when you buy mushrooms give extra attention to that criteria. And always buy fresh mushrooms. Fresh mushroom tastes better.
You can find a fresh mushrooms in any grocery store. Fresh mushrooms should not wet, it should dry and be free from any dark spot.
What makes mushrooms special and most demandable
Mushroom is most liked because of its healthy and culinary uses. Mushrooms are rich in protein, antioxidants, and fiber. It can decrease the rate of cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
The mineral in it called selenium prevents lung, colon, skin, bladder, stomach, prostate cancer. Because of their medical uses, Portobello mushrooms are known as anticancer and protectors of the immune system.
Portobello mushrooms are also enriched with vitamin B, copper and are low in carbs. It can be a great meat substitute.
How you should wash Portobello mushrooms?
Take firm, solid, and spotless Portobello mushrooms. Take them in a perforated bowel. Wash with cold water one by one. Clean dirt with a finger.
Dry them with a paper towel. Please be careful not to wash all of them at a time if you do that the firm meat tears apart.
Why you may choose this recipe:
‘Portobello mushroom chicken’ is a healthy booster recipe and it can be added to your regular diet charts. Portobello mushrooms and chicken both are great sources of protein and many other vitamins which help you to stay fit and healthy.
It is easy to make this excellent dish at home. This yummy and healthy dish can also be made at any family occasion.
Portobello Mushroom Chicken Texas Roadhouse Recipe
- Prep Time30 min
- Cook Time40 min
- Perform Time25 min
- Total Time1 hr 35 min
- YieldChicken Mushroom
- Serving Size4
- Energy430 cal
Ingredients of Portobello Mushroom Chicken Texas Roadhouse Recipe
Portobello Mushroom Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup soybean oil or 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups thickened cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces sliced Portobello mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. garlic, granulated
- 1 tsp salt (add more if needed)
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp white pepper
- water needed amount
Portobello Mushrooms chicken Ingredient
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups sliced Monterey jack cheese
- 6 or 8 grilled boneless chicken breasts
- Green parsley, finely chopped
- Required amount of Portobello mushrooms sauce
- 2 cups sautéed Portobello mushrooms
Instructions of Portobello Mushroom Chicken Texas Roadhouse Recipe
Preparing the Portobello Mushroom Sauce
In a bowl, pour mushroom soup and water, mix well and put aside.
Heat soybean oil in a saucepan for 1 minute or if butter is used then heat until butter is melted.
Put sliced Portobello mushrooms in the saucepan and fry for 3 to 4 minutes over medium-low heat. Then confer flour and stir continuously and be so that it is not brown.
Add soup and water mixture, garlic, salt, sugar, and white pepper, and leave the mixture to a boil. After cooking 2 or 3 minutes, the soup is ready to serve.
Preparing the Portobello Mushrooms Chicken
Sprinkle sliced Monterey jack cheese on grilled chicken breasts. Keep the breasts with cheese on a baking tray and transfer it to the oven and leave the breasts until the cheese melts.
Remove the breasts from the oven and keep them aside. Dredge Portobello mushroom sauce over the chicken breasts and cheese.
Top up with sautéed Portobello mushrooms, grated parmesan cheese, and chopped green parsley. The Portobello Mushroom chicken recipe is ready to serve.
Note: For grilled chicken breast you need 6-8 boneless chicken breasts, oil, salt, and pepper. First, wash chicken breasts. Drain water. Then sprinkle salt, oil, and pepper all over it.
Stir to coat evenly. Rest it for at least 30 minutes. Then arrange it in a grilled tray and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Once done remove it from the oven.
- Serving Size4
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*Standard DV
- Total Fat19 g78 g24.36%
- Saturated Fat10 g20 g50%
- Trans Fat0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat0 g
- Cholesterol195 mg300 mg65%
- Sodium810 mg2300 mg35.22%
- Total Carbohydrate6 g275 g2.18%
- Dietary Fiber3 g28 g10.71%
- Total Sugars2 g
- Added Sugars0 g50 g0%
- Sugar Alcohal0 g
- Protein59 g50 g118%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)0 IU800 IU0%
- Calcium0 mg1300 mg0%
- Iron0 mg18 mg0%
- Potassium0 mg4700 mg0%
- Vitamin A0 mcg900 mcg0%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)0 mg90 mg0%
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)0 IU33 IU0%
- Vitamin K0 mcg120 mcg0%
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin)0 mg1.2 mg0%
how to burn calories fast
Few relevant questions about Portobello Mushroom Chicken Texas Roadhouse Recipe are answered below
Can I eat mushroom everyday?
- It can play an important role in preventing neurological illnesses such as Parkinson's and Alzheimer's. According to Penn State researchers, eating at least five button mushrooms regularly develops the brain
What is the mushroom that tastes like chicken?
- Laetiporus sulphureus mushroom that tastes like chicken, also known as chicken of the woods. It is found all over the world
What are the disadvantages of mushroom?
- Most people do not have any problem eating mushrooms, but in many cases there are some problems that are very simple, such as: nausea and vomiting, muscle weakness and drowsiness.
Is Mushroom good for weight loss?
- As it contains a lot of protein and fiber, it can play an important role in weight loss, according to nutritionists. However, there are many benefits that can help you stay healthy
What is the most dangerous mushroom?
- Amanita phalloides also known as death cap mushroom. It is the most poisonous mushroom in the world