You may know after finishing this recipe:
After completing this recipe, you will learn the tips and tricks on how to cook this delicious, flavorful, pork binagoongan recipe step-by-step.
Why you may choose this Pork Binagoongan recipe:
This Pork Binagoongan recipe is super tasty and super easy to make at home. It is considered a heavy meal. It is a flavorful and colorful dish.
So when you see this dish, your mouth starts watering. This dish is protein-based, so you can achieve your daily protein limits by having this incredibly delicious pork binagoongan recipe.
Here in this recipe you are given a clear concept of how you can make this dish easily at home. So follow this recipe and make your intended dish for your family and friends.
Pork Binagoongan Recipe
Pork Binagoongan recipe is tasty and super easy to make at home for your loved ones. It is considered a heavy meal.
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time50 min
- Perform Time20 min
- Total Time1 hr 20 min
- YieldPork Binagoongan
- Serving Size100g
- Energy328 cal
Ingredients of Pork Binagoongan Recipe
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 cup cube cut tomatoes
- 4 tbsp bagoong alamong
- 2 lb pork belly, cut into bite size
- 4 cups pork stock
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 Chinese eggplant sliced
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 long green peppers sliced.
- 1 tsp Thai chili powder (If you like spicy dish then add chili powder otherwise omit this. I don’t like spicy so I omit this)
- Chopping board and sharp knife
- Medium size Bowls
- Deep skillet
- Serving ceramic bowl
Instructions for Pork Binagoongan Recipe
First, wash the cut pork belly with water. Drain the water, then keep it in a bowl and set it aside. Wash and drain the sliced eggplant in a separate bowl; set aside.
Heat cooking oil in a skillet with medium heat. Add the sliced onion and cook for 1 minute, or until it is brown.
Then add the garlic paste and stir for 30 seconds. After that, add the cube cut tomatoes and cook until they are soft.
Add the pork belly and cook for a few minutes, or until it turns light brown. Stir continuously to avoid burning. Add the bagoong alamong and stir for another 4-5 minutes.
Pour in white vinegar and mix very well. Let it simmer for a minute. Then pour pork stock and cover the skillet. Cook for 40 minutes or until the pork is soft.
Stir occasionally. Be careful if the pork stock is dry before softening, then add more stock to get the intended pork.
Remove the lid. Add the sliced eggplant and simmer for another 3-4 minutes. Drizzle granulated sugar and stir 2 or 3 times.
Remove it from the heat. Pour the dish into a ceramic bowl. Serve hot, topped with ground black pepper and sliced green peppers.
- Serving Size100g
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*Standard DV
- Total Fat23 g78 g29.49%
- Saturated Fat8 g20 g40%
- Trans Fat0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat10 g
- Cholesterol108 mg300 mg36%
- Sodium249 mg2300 mg10.83%
- Total Carbohydrate0 g275 g0%
- Dietary Fiber0 g28 g0%
- Total Sugars0 g
- Protein27 g50 g54%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)0 IU800 IU0%
- Calcium0 mg1300 mg0%
- Iron9 mg18 mg50%
- Potassium367 mg4700 mg7.81%
- Vitamin A0 mcg900 mcg0%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)0 mg90 mg0%
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)0 IU33 IU0%
- Vitamin K0 mcg120 mcg0%
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin)0 mg1.2 mg0%
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)0 mg1.3 mg0%
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin)0 mg16 mg0%
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)0 mg1.7 mg0%
- Folate0 mcg400 mcg0%
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamine)0 mcg2.4 mcg0%
Activity Needed to Burn:
328 calories (Total Serving)
1 hour 20 minutes
* Note: It depends on your activity, so it may be a little more or less.
Some question about Pork Binagoongan Recipe are answered below
How long does binagoongan last?
- If you store it properly sealed tight in a jar in the refrigerator, you will get the original taste for at least 2 weeks. However, it is better not to use eggplant and tomato during cooking to retain its taste.
Where did Binagoongan originated?
What can I use instead of shrimp paste?
- Anchovy paste or Thai yellow bean sauce or Chinese black bean sauce
Can I replace shrimp paste with fish sauce?
- Yes, Just use 1 tbsp fish sauce for every ½ tsp paste
Can you substitute shrimp powder for shrimp paste?
- Shrimp powder can be used as substitute, though that is not recommended.