Popeyes mashed potatoes recipe is an interesting one. This delicious mash potato side is packed with a bunch of healthy ingredients and is not too spicy.
This means that it is the perfect side dish for people who don’t like too much spice in their food. Check out our Popeyes mashed potatoes gravy recipe steps below if you want to recreate this classic dish at home.
Table of Contents
I know most of us understand what mashed potato is, but those who don’t understand what “Mashed potatoes” mean might learn it from here.
Mashed potatoes are made by mashing cooked or raw potatoes. The texture of mashed potatoes is smoother than that of regular potato puree due to the higher starch content in mashed potatoes.
Mashed Potatoes can be served as a side dish with other dishes or as a main course with gravy, butter, cream, and salt. They are also often used in casseroles and soups. Such as lasagna and chicken soup. It has antioxidant properties that help prevent age-related diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
How do you make smooth mashed potatoes?
To make smooth mashed potatoes, you need to boil the water first. You then put the potatoes in and let them cook for about 20 minutes.
The cooking time will depend on how large your potatoes are. So be sure to check before turning them into the mash.
Once they are done, you can drain the water from the pot and then add butter, milk, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. You can use this basic recipe. But it can also be tweaked by adding more or less of each ingredient to suit your taste buds.
As you learned already about how to make smooth mashed potatoes, now let’s move on to Popeyes Mashed Potatoes’ simple recipe.
Popeyes mashed potatoes recipe
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time35 min
- Perform Time20 min
- Total Time1 hr 5 min
- YieldMashed Potatoes
- Serving Size4-5
- Energy110 cal
Popeyes mashed potatoes ingredient
- salt and pepper to taste
- freshly ground white pepper, 1/4 teaspoon
- Three tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 quarts milk
- 4 pounds of Yukon gold potatoes, sliced into 3-inch chunks
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and lengthwise halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- heavy cream, 1 cup
Popeyes mashed potatoes recipe step by step process
First, boil a necessary amount of water.
Make sure that potatoes are peeled off properly and cut into equal parts.
Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and stir until combined.
Cover the pot and let it simmer for about 10 minutes or until all ingredients are fully cooked.
Remove from heat and drain any excess liquid accumulated on top of potatoes.
Wait for 2 minutes to dry up the potato slices.
Mash the potatoes until they are smooth and creamy.
Add all of the remaining ingredients to make a gravy mixture. This may include cornstarch mixed with water or chicken broth, milk, cream cheese.
Add in the gravy mixture to the mashed potatoes by slowly pouring it over the top while stirring continuously until all of it is incorporated into your mash-up masterpiece!
Gradually stir in milk to make a smooth sauce that coats the back of a spoon;
Bring to a boil over high heat and cook for 2 minutes or until thickened, constantly stirring with a whisk (do not let it scorch).
Now, let it cook for another 5-10 minutes until the potatoes absorb all of the milk.
Finally, take off the lid, sprinkle some paprika over the top, and serve!
- Serving Size4-5
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*Standard DV
- Total Fat4 g78 g5.13%
- Saturated Fat2 g20 g10%
- Trans Fat0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat0 g
- Cholesterol5 mg300 mg1.67%
- Sodium590 mg2300 mg25.65%
- Total Carbohydrate18 g275 g6.55%
- Dietary Fiber1 g28 g3.57%
- Total Sugars1 g
- Sugar Alcohal0 g
- Protein3 g50 g6%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)0 IU800 IU0%
- Calcium0 mg1300 mg0%
- Iron0 mg18 mg0%
- Potassium0 mg4700 mg0%
- Vitamin A0 mcg900 mcg0%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)0 mg90 mg0%
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)0 IU33 IU0%
how to burn calories fast
Pro Tips to make the recipe tastier:
● If you want to add some flair to this recipe, we recommend adding a pinch of cayenne pepper or even a pinch of paprika.
● Fried onion and garlic add flavor to the potatoes, making this dish one of a kind.
● In order to get the best taste, you can also add herbs like chives or dill to your mashed potatoes before adding the milk.
● Make sure that your potatoes are not too wet when they go into the pot, as water will cause them to steam instead of fry.
● Make sure you cook the bacon first and then add it to the mashed potatoes.
Are mashed potatoes from Popeyes healthy?
The first and most apparent benefit of Popeyes Mashed Potatoes’ simple recipe is a low-calorie dish. The health benefits of this delicious recipe are:
• It is lower in calories and fat than the original mashed potatoes from Popeyes.
• Also gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan friendly.
• The serving size is about half of the regular serving size. So it’s more nutritious than the original mashed potatoes.
• It has no cholesterol or trans fat content, making it a healthy choice for your diet.
Special Notes: You need to use a deep-fryer or Dutch oven in the ingredients. For the dry rub, make sure that you use enough oil not to stick and burn.
It is best to use cold tap water instead of hot water when boiling water. Because hot water will cause your starch to thicken up too much and get lumpy.
Now that you know how to make Popeyes mashed potatoes recipe, it’s time to try them out! You can either make the recipe from scratch or use a ready-made mix.
If you’re looking for more delicious Popeyes mashed potatoes and gravy recipes like this one, you can easily find a list on our home page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use other vegetables besides sweet potatoes and carrots in Popeyes mashed potatoes recipe?
Ans: Yes, you can use any vegetables in the Popeyes mashed potatoes recipe. You need to add a little bit of water when you are mashing them.
However, sweet potatoes and carrots are excellent choices because they add a lot of flavor to the dish.
Q: Can you get mashed potatoes without gravy at Popeyes?
Ans: Popeyes offers many different varieties of their chicken, including mashed potatoes without gravy.
The mashed potatoes are served with a side of sauce for those who want it.
Q: Is it better to add butter or oil when making Popeyes mashed potatoes?
Ans: When making Popeyes mashed potatoes, you should use both butter and oil. Adding butter to the potatoes gives them a better texture and taste.
While adding oil makes the dish healthier by increasing its nutrient content.