Are you excited about Patti Labelle Chicken and Dumplings Recipe? If you are, this article is the best guide for making a perfect traditional yummy dish of your own.
This delicious recipe is not just a portion of food that meets your hunger, and it is also a healer of your soul and mind.
Table of Contents
History of Dumplings:
There are some cloudy concepts behind the origin of dumplings. In most countries, dumplings have been a traditional food for centuries.
But few experts stated that it was invented by Zhang Zhongjing, a medical practitioner who lived in Eastern Han Dynasty. To warm people during severe winter, he made dumplings filled with mutton, veggies, and chilies.
It’s an ancient form of dumplings, but the shape and fillings are changed in another-countries. People in different cultures invented their dumplings.
Patti Labelle Chicken and Dumplings Recipe:
Famous American soul diva Patti Labelle guided a delicious traditional chicken and dumplings recipe. It is quite a thick juicy recipe.
This recipe is mainly combined with chicken, dumplings, veggies, and broth. It’s a full package of chicken, veggies, and grain. It’s also a slow-cooked recipe.
Why you may choose this recipe:
Patti Labelle once said, ‘only food that soothes the soul nurtures the spirits as much as nourishes the stomach.’ This Patti Labelle chicken and dumplings recipe is proof of this statement.
This classic food item is tasty, delicious, and easy to make at home. This food is nutritious for everyone but a little more beneficial for diabetic patients. This recipe will guide you to make this super healthy and amazing classic dish.
You may know after finishing this delicious recipe instructions:
After reading this article, you can experience cooking this delicious, flavorful dish. You will learn about its nutritional value and some basic information about the Patti Labelle Chicken and Dumplings Recipe.
Let’s start cooking. You have given all the information and instructions to cook this recipe is perfection. Here we go:
Patti Labelle Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
- Prep Time30 min
- Cook Time1 hr
- Total Time1 hr 30 min
- YieldChicken and Dumplings
- Serving Size2-3
- Energy310 cal
Ingredients of Patti Labelle Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
- 1 large onion peeled and chopped
- ½ tbsp. pressed garlic
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 raw eggs whole
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil as you like
- ½ cups chopped fresh thyme leaves and celery
- 1 small cup cube cut carrots
- ½ cup green peas
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (You can use left-over cooked chicken)
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp black ground pepper
- Water needed amount
- ½ cup chopped fresh green coriander leaves (optional)
Instructions for Patti Labelle Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
Pour water around 3 cups in a skillet heat over medium heat. Add chicken breasts, a pinch of salt, and pepper, boil for 2o minutes until breasts are cooked properly.
Unload from the stove after cooking. Take the breasts into a bowl and wait for it to cool. Once it is cool, cut it into small pieces.
Confer cooking oil and chopped onion in a saucepan, fry for 2-3 minutes or until it is brown. Add pressed garlic, stir for 1 minute, then add cube cut carrots, green peas, thyme leaves, celery, the rest of the pepper, and salt, mix another 2 minutes.
After then pour cut cooked chicken pieces, chicken broth, and ½ cup water, seethe for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
While cooking vegetable and chicken broth mixture, make the dumplings. Take eggs and flour in a bowl and mix well with a hand mixer.
Invest milk blend for 2-4 minutes until it takes dough shape. Take spoonful dough and drop it into the boiling vegetable and broth mixture.
Drop one at a time so that the dumplings do not stick with one another. (You can roll the dough into half-inch thin, cut to square size or any size you prefer, then drop it in the mixture).
After adding dumplings, cook for 15-20 minutes or until the dumplings are done properly in medium-low heat. If the mixture is too thick, you can add some broth or water.
Once the dumplings are done cooking, could you remove them from the heat? Confer chicken and dumplings into a ceramic serving bowl and garnish with chopped green coriander leaves.
- Serving Size2-3
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*Standard DV
- Total Fat9.4 g78 g12.05%
- Saturated Fat2.6 g20 g13%
- Trans Fat- g
- Polyunsaturated Fat- g
- Monounsaturated Fat- g
- Cholesterol44.9 mg300 mg14.97%
- Sodium1361.9 mg2300 mg59.21%
- Total Carbohydrate35.4 g275 g12.87%
- Dietary Fiber2.4 g28 g8.57%
- Total Sugars5.6 g
- Added Sugars- g50 g0%
- Sugar Alcohal- g
- Protein20.1 g50 g40.2%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)- IU800 IU0%
- Calcium128.6 mg1300 mg9.89%
- Iron2.2 mg18 mg12.22%
- Potassium373.3 mg4700 mg7.94%
- Vitamin A1143 mcg900 mcg127%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)4 mg90 mg4.44%
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)- IU33 IU0%
- Folate18.3 mcg400 mcg4.58%
- Magnesium23 mg420 mg5.48%
Health benefits of Patti Labelle chicken and dumplings recipe
This Patti Labelle chicken and dumplings recipe is a combo that fulfills meat, veggies, and grain need at a time. It can be a portion of good food for all aged people, but it is the best food for people who have diabetes.
For dumplings, if you use moderate gluten flour, it will be healthier. It does not contain too many calories. It is enriched in protein and other vitamins that help keep your body fit and sound.
The veggies in it contain mineral which keeps you hydrated. This food fills your belly but does not make you fat.
Few relevant questions about Patti Labelle chicken and dumplings recipe are answered below
What are traditional dumplings made of?
- Traditional dumplings are usually made with three ingredients such as flour, water and salt.
How long do you boil dumplings?
- To boil the dumplings, take a large pot of water and take 8-10 dumplings in each batch which boil for 3-4 minutes.
Why are my dumplings hard?
- If the dumplings are cooked for a long time or if they are kept in a heated environment for a long time, they are likely to harden
Can I freeze dumpling dough?
- Dumpling recipes freeze well, but it should be normalized at least 30 minutes before cooking. It is better to increase the cooking time to 5-10 minutes
Can you cook dumplings too long?
- It is best to cook dumplings in moderation, taking too much time can break them which can make it difficult for you to serve.