Table of Contents
Why you may choose Metro Diner Shrimp and Grits recipe:
Shrimp and grits are rich in nutrition. This Metro Diner shrimp and grits recipe is the best, healthiest, and easiest recipe for your busy family.
The additional use of fried bacon made the dish more flavorful and tasty. You can make this dish easily within 35 minutes. So make this mouthwatering dish and enjoy it with your family and friends.
Metro Diner Shrimp and Grits recipe
Metro Diner shrimp and grits recipe is the most healthiest, and easiest recipe. So you can make it for your family
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Perforated bowl
- Small bowl
- Deep skillet with lid
- Fry pan
- 1 cup uncooked grits
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 lbs. fresh large shrimp
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp. island vibe seasoning
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- 4 tbsp. Chicken broth or Worcestershire sauce which you like
- Required amount of salt to taste
- 4-5 bacon strips (fried)
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp. chopped green onion
At first, heat the frying pan with olive oil on medium-low. Then arrange the bacon strips and cook for 4-5 minutes until it is crispy. Flip occasionally. Once the bacon is cooked remove it from heat. Keep aside to cool. Cut the bacon 1-inch size and keep it in a small bowl.
Peel off the shrimps. Remove the vein from the center of the shrimps. Take the shrimps into a perforated bowl and wash with cold water. Leave for few minutes to drain water.
In a deep skillet pour chicken broth, boil on medium flame. Confer uncooked grits into the boiling broth and continue stirring to avoid a bubble of the grits. After 1-2 minutes lid the grits, cook for 6-8 minutes or until it is seething properly and gets thick. Add pepper, salt, butter, and cheddar cheese. Interblend the ingredients properly. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
Heat the same fry pan with bacon grease. Attire the shrimps in the hot fry pan. Add Cajun seasoning, island vibe seasoning, salt, and minced garlic, stir for 1-2 minutes. Then add chopped parsley and chicken broth or Worcestershire sauce, cook for another 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turns orange color. Once done cooking remove from heat.
First, put cooked grits on a plate. Then top with shrimps and fried bacon. Sprinkle parsley and green onion and serve.
Some question about Metro Diner Shrimp and Grits recipe
What city is known for shrimp and grits?
- New Orleans in the state of Louisiana is the city of shrimp and grits
Are grits bad for you?
- Grits are one of the staple foods in South America, with dried corn rich in iron and vitamin B. It is usually served with high calorie foods
Which is healthier grits or oatmeal?
- Oatmeal has a lot of fiber and protein which is much more than grits. However, grits contain sufficient micronutrients such as calcium, vitamin A and potassium. So you can consider both the difference in taste and the nutritional value
How do you eat grits?
- Grits can be served with butter and sugar. It can help you as a side dish for dinner or breakfast.
Can you eat grits on the keto diet?
- Each serving has 217 calories and 3g net carbs which is keto friendly