This recipe has all the beautiful flavors of the classic pasta salad, but with a few simple twists to make it something special.
Here I will tell you the easiest steps to make this delicious recipe at home.
What is the la madeleine pasta salad recipe?
La Madeleine is a pasta salad with a very interesting name. It’s the same as any other pasta salad, but the characters and ingredients are pretty unusual.
The word “la Madeleine” comes from the French dictionary.
The recipe for la Madeleine is very simple.
I am sure you have seen this kind of pasta salad before, but I still find it a bit different from all the others.
This dish can be served in many ways. However, This makes a great side dish for lunch or dinner and will satisfy your appetite.
To know how to make this beautiful recipe without any hassle, follow our below steps.
Should you make pasta salad the night before?
Pasta salad is one of the most popular dishes you can make ahead of time.
However, If you’re going to make pasta salad the night before then, I recommend only making enough for two days.
Because when it’s cold, it won’t taste as good, and if you have any leftovers, they’ll get soggy.
In addition, You can make pasta salad the night before. This will help you save time in the morning, and it is essential to have your ingredients prepared ahead of time.
Also, having a salad with your main meal gives you energy throughout the day and helps control your appetite.
Anyway, if you don’t have enough time to make your pasta salad ahead of time, then it’s okay because some people prefer their pasta salads on the go.
La Madeleine Pasta Salad Recipe
- Prep Time25 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time35 min
- Serving Size4-5
- Energy110 cal
Ingredients of La Madeleine Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1/2 pound bowtie pasta
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- Grated cheese 4 tbsp
- Pesto around 8 tbsp
- Dried tomatoes half of cup
- Roma tomatoes half of cup
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Instructions for La Madeleine Pasta Salad Recipe
First of all, Cook your bowtie pasta according to package directions.
While the pasta cooks, cook your bacon in a skillet until crispy.
Drain on paper towels and set aside.
Reserve 2 tablespoons of drippings from the pan for later use in the dressing.
Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan and heat over medium-high heat
Add shallots and saute until translucent (about 3 minutes).
Next, add tomatoes and garlic, and other remaining ingredients.
Cook for another minute or two, stirring occasionally.
Turn off heat; stir in basil, salt, pepper, capers, red wine vinegar, sherry vinegar.
Then reserved drippings from your bacon into shallot mixture until well combined (about 1 minute).
Cool completely before using in a salad recipe.
The final step, In a large bowl, combines cooked pasta with a cooled shallot mixture along with fresh tomatoes and olives that have been chopped coarsely.
Pour the desired amount of vinaigrette over all ingredients; toss gently to coat evenly.
The perfect way to enjoy this salad is to make it ahead of time. So that you can take leftovers for lunch or even freeze them for later use.
- Serving Size4-5
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*Standard DV
- Total Fat9 g78 g11.54%
- Saturated Fat1.5 g20 g7.5%
- Trans Fat0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat0 g
- Cholesterol0 mg300 mg0%
- Sodium120 mg2300 mg5.22%
- Total Carbohydrate4 g275 g1.45%
- Dietary Fiber- g28 g0%
- Total Sugars- g
- Added Sugars- g50 g0%
- Sugar Alcohal- g
- Protein- g50 g0%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)- IU800 IU0%
- Calcium- mg1300 mg0%
- Iron- mg18 mg0%
- Potassium- mg4700 mg0%
- Vitamin A- mcg900 mcg0%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)- mg90 mg0%
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)- IU33 IU0%
Pro Tips to make the La Madeleine Pasta Salad Recipe tastier:
- Add freshly grated Parmesan cheese to the pasta salad before serving. It will add more flavor to the dish.
- For added flavor, you can also add chopped sun-dried tomatoes on top of the pasta salad before serving and add extra virgin olive oil to your dressing for more flavor.
- If you want to make this dish gluten-free, then use gluten-free pasta and add a pinch of garlic powder on top of the pasta salad instead of salt and pepper so that it will taste better than using regular flour to coat the pasta with when making this dish.
- Another tip is not to overdo the amount of salt used for seasoning and other spices like pepper, cumin, oregano, etc.
Is Pasta Salad good for health?
Pasta salads have been enjoyed by people worldwide since they are nutritious and tasty food items that should not be forgotten during meal times.
This recipe can be a great addition to your diet, and you should try it out if you haven’t tried it before. It’s a very versatile food that can fit into almost any diet.
Some of the health benefits of Madeleine pasta salad are:
- Pasta salad is very good for health as it is low in calories and protein.
- It contains almost all the essential vitamins and minerals which are very important for our body to function properly.
- Pasta salad also contains fiber which helps us feel full for a longer period, thereby reducing the intake of unhealthy snacks like chocolates or sweets.
- It can be made from pasta to vegetables, eggs, tuna, chicken, or even cooked meats. These ingredients make the recipe more healthy.
Why is my pasta salad dry?
There are a few reasons why your pasta salad may be dry.
One reason is that you may not have added enough moisture to the recipe. Make sure to add either water, broth, or bouillon cubes to the recipe to help hydrate the ingredients.
Another reason is that you may not have drained the pasta properly. Please place it in a colander and rinse with cold water to drain the pasta for several minutes.
This will help remove any excess water and make the pasta more absorbent.
La Madeleine is a French bakery and café that manufactures a wide range of healthy and tasty pasta products. You may have heard about them from their packaging, or you may have seen the adverts.
So we decided to make this La Madeleine Pasta Salad Recipe easily. I hope you enjoyed reading this article as much as I wanted to write it.
Do let me know if you liked it by leaving a comment below.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does pasta salad last in the fridge?
Ans: Pasta salad can last in the fridge for up to four days. Make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or a sealable container not to get wet and spoil.
How do you keep the pasta from sticking together?
Ans: The easiest way to keep the pasta from sticking together is to use egg whites. Whisk an egg white with a pinch of salt and pour it into the pan.
The hot water will absorb the starch in the egg, making your sauce less sticky. You can also add cornstarch or flour for thickening purposes if you prefer.
Should you rinse pasta when making pasta salad?
Ans: It depends on the ingredients and recipe you are using. However, generally speaking, it is recommended that you rinse pasta before adding it to a salad to remove any excess starch that may cause the salad to be sticky.
What goes well with pasta salad?
Ans: Salad goes great with pasta, and many different types of pasta can be used in a salad. Some examples include macaroni, penne, rigatoni, or spaghetti.