May you have heard about a famous American restaurant named La Madeline that serves many salad recipes, like La Madeleine Chicken Salad Recipe especially well-known chicken salad? It is used as comfort food, especially in summer.
It is more filling and creamy than other salads because it is filled with bright and fresh flavors. This article will find the information needed about everything, especially the ingredients such as Dijon mustard, celery, and grapes that make it perfect.
Chicken salad of La Madeleine
La Madeleine chicken salad is a classic American recipe in which diced chicken breasts are tossed with a buttery texture, including crispy celery, fresh grapes, and green onions are used to dot the chicken.
It is healthier, easy, bright, and more flavorful than other chicken salads. It is mainly the main course recipe, but it is also usable and side with many snacks like a sandwich.
La Madeleine chicken salad recipe
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time15 min
- Total Time25 min
- YieldChicken Salad
- Serving Size5
- Energy410 cal
Ingredients of La Madeleine chicken salad recipe
- 2 lb. skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup of sliced almonds
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. of Dijon mustard
- 1 quartered red grapes
- 2 diced stalk celery
- 3 sliced green onions
- 2 tbsp. of chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp. of chopped tarragon
- 1 juiced lemon
- Pepper and salt
Instructions for La Madeleine chicken salad recipe
Poach the chicken
Place a pan or wide pot and take the boneless chicken breasts. Cover the pot with 1-inch cold water. A season that water with some salt. Aromatics you may use as your choice.
Start the oven to medium heat to reach a light simmer. Now reduce the speed of heat and cover your pan.
Simmer the chicken for about 8-12 minutes until the inside temperature of heat reaches 160-165° f.
Turn off the heat and remove your chicken breasts from the oven.
Make it rest for 2 minutes and place in the refrigerator for chill.
Make chicken salad
Now transfer the cold breasts from the fridge to the cutting board. Dice the chicken into ½ inch pieces.
Slice and then dice the green onions, celery, parsley, tarragon, and grapes.
Add these sliced ingredients to the mixing bowl. Now mix those ingredients with mayonnaise, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard.
A season that mixture with pepper and salt. Now combine them all. Mix them fairly until they are well combined. Let then it in the refrigerator for making chill. Chill until it is ready to be served.
- Serving Size5
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*Standard DV
- Total Fat36 g78 g46.15%
- Saturated Fat- g20 g0%
- Trans Fat- g
- Polyunsaturated Fat- g
- Monounsaturated Fat- g
- Cholesterol- mg300 mg0%
- Sodium- mg2300 mg0%
- Total Carbohydrate10 g275 g3.64%
- Dietary Fiber- g28 g0%
- Total Sugars- g
- Added Sugars- g50 g0%
- Sugar Alcohal- g
- Protein- g50 g0%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)- IU800 IU0%
- Calcium- mg1300 mg0%
- Iron- mg18 mg0%
- Potassium- mg4700 mg0%
- Vitamin A- mcg900 mcg0%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)- mg90 mg0%
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)- IU33 IU0%
Ingredients you may swap
There are some optional ingredients that you may change with others. These are-
- Almonds – Walnut or pecans are the alternatives to almonds that are changeable for this recipe.
- Fruit mixture –The grapes can be omitted with diced apples. You may also add dried cherries and cranberries.
- Vary the onions –If you do not have green onions, red onions are usable as contrary to it.
- Make creamier –Use Greek yogurt and make it creamier by doing half as a mayo option.
Health issues of La Madeleine chicken salad recipe
La madeleine chicken salad brings many calories with more nutrient elements. More potassium, cholesterol, and vitamins are also included, helping the body gain energy.
It also contains carbohydrates, protein, fats, calcium, iron, etc. are needed for human bodybuilding.
Serve as the best ways
- It is identified that this chicken salad is served with spoonful straight. But there are few ideas for meal services.
- Sandwich – Sandwich bread is more delicious when this salad is stuffed with tomato slices or lettuce layer.
- Warp – Use lettuce of butter leaf and large onion to homemade wrap for a low-carb and lighter option.
- Green salad – Use extra green salad for spoonful straight.
- Dip – This salad is best served when it is cool. So, chill the mixture in the refrigerator for serving. It also melds the flavors and makes the tastiest.
Extra Notes to make the La Madeleine chicken salad recipe more tastier
We have made the chicken poach with boneless chicken breasts, and you may use the leftover rotisserie of chicken.
Mayonnaise is the best mix binder that can also be made at home. To make depth flavor use a little mustard. Both green and red seedless grapes can be used. Celery is used to make the chicken crispy. Making less pungent green onion is a must.
To bring out a nutty flavor, toast the sliced almonds. Tarragon is an amazing ingredient that improves the taste. Lemon juice is used for fresh brightness. Salt and pepper are always for the season the ingredients.
Make it stored
This salad is stored for 3 to 5 days by chilling it in the refrigerator. It must be stored in the fridge for two hours without leaving room temperature.