Here, we have shared a new delicious Korean chicken recipe Hawaii, which originated in Hawaii, so Hawaii’s name is involved with this recipe.
Hawaii is a special tour place for travelers who love a local recipe like special fried chicken. You can also be a partner in taking this amazing taste of this recipe at your home.
You will know about this recipe details on my page and try to make it easy. Follow our guidelines and keep your eyes on the next recipe post.
Table of Contents
Hawaii chicken recipe
This Korean chicken menu is Hawaii’s favorite and specific chicken fry dish. It is very special, that’s why this deep-fried dish is dipped again with two sauces like vinegar and shoyu.
These sauces and green onions, and roasted seeds of sesame make it more special. This recipe has many hits for making it easy and serving as a big menu at parties.
Tools to make it better
There are two special key points to make this recipe better easily.
- You have to sit the flour around the chicken thighs perfectly until they are fully absorbed. Otherwise, the flour will fall right from the chicken.
- Aloha shoyu is not mandatory but is recommended highly. Another sauce does not make good dipping like shoyu sauce.
Korean chicken recipe Hawaii
- Prep Time1 hr 10 min
- Cook Time30 min
- Total Time1 hr 40 min
- YieldKorean Chicken
- Serving Size5
- Energy520 cal
Ingredients of Korean chicken recipe Hawaii
- 3 and ½ Ibs boneless chicken thighs
- ¾ cup of flour ( all-purpose)
- 2 tsp sesame seeds ( roasted)
- 2/3 cup of shoyu
- ¼ cup vinegar of apple sider
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of Stevia
- 3 tbsp. sauce of chili garlic
- 2 tbsp. of honey
- 1/3 cup of green onions
- 1 tbsp. oil of sesame seeds
- Vegetable oil
Instructions for Korean chicken recipe Hawaii
Cut the chicken thighs and make them 4 pieces of bite-size per thigh.
Remove the skin because the thighs must be fried deeply and then dipped into shoyu sauce. Remove also the thigh pieces which have big fat.
Cover all chicken thighs with flour. Now cover the flour-covered thighs with the saran wrap. Now put it in the refrigerator for a minimum of one hour.
The flour bonds the chicken with wetness, which changes the chicken color from pale pink to white after keeping it freezing for about a minimum of 1 hour later.
Now combine the ingredients such as shoyu, roasted sesame seeds, apple cider vinegar, Stevia, brown sugar, garlic sauce, green onions, sesame seed oil, and honey into the large bowl.
Now start your oven at high speed and set a pan filling it up with the vegetable oil. When oil is heated, reduce the heat to medium-high and begin to cook.
Pour the chicken one by one into the hot oil. But fry them separately, removing them from sticking together.
Within 1 minute, they will start to form like a slight crust. Film them, and now make room to add more thighs.
Cook every site of the chicken for 5 – 6 minutes. When the chicken thighs look ready, raise the temperature at high speed. Now the chicken outside will be nice brown and crust.
Now remove the thighs from your pan and then dip them into shoyu sauce.
Plate now with the towel sheets beneath to collect these drippings. Since that shoyu soaks into that chicken, the chicken will stay crispy.
- Serving Size5
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*Standard DV
- Total Fat28 g78 g35.9%
- Saturated Fat6.6 g20 g33%
- Trans Fat- g
- Polyunsaturated Fat- g
- Monounsaturated Fat- g
- Cholesterol175.8 mg300 mg58.6%
- Sodium1550.1 mg2300 mg67.4%
- Total Carbohydrate36.7 g275 g13.35%
- Dietary Fiber1.3 g28 g4.64%
- Total Sugars9 g
- Added Sugars- g50 g0%
- Sugar Alcohal- g
- Protein29.4 g50 g58.8%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)- IU800 IU0%
- Calcium75.1 mg1300 mg5.78%
- Iron3.2 mg18 mg17.78%
- Potassium325.9 mg4700 mg6.93%
- Vitamin A54 mcg900 mcg6%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)1.8 mg90 mg2%
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)- IU33 IU0%
Extra notes to make the Korean Chicken Recipe Hawaii
- You have to bond the chicken with flour enough time. For lacking time, the flour falls off during cooking.
- The roasted sesame seeds are optional, and you can skip them if you don’t have them available.
- You must use the pan at least ½ inch high to adjust the high temperature.
- You have two ways to dip that chicken thighs into shoyu sauce. It can be dipped one by one or a bunch together. But the bunch dipping together is greater than the other.
- Any kind of shoyu sauce is capable of making this recipe. But we commend to use of Aloha shoyu. It is not very strong, which makes dipping well than others.
- Stevia is changeable to all sugar. Or favorite sweetener is also usable according to your choice.
- You may skip chili garlic sauce and use any hot sauce as your favorite option.
What makes it different from chicken recipes?
This Korean chicken recipe is different from others for using shoyu sauce. When that chicken fry is pretty straight, the combination of that sauce adds an extra flavor to these fried chickens.
It is a very straight flavor that also helps crisp the chicken. Besides, you guys don’t’ have to mix more spices, but you may add them as your choice.
We use roasted seeds of sesame, but they can be skipped optionally if it is not right at hand.