When I went to my friend’s apartment complex and saw that they had a cookie jar, it made my heart race. I hadn’t had a chance to bake cookies in years, so when I finally was given the opportunity, I couldn’t wait to try out this Kirkland chocolate chip cookie recipe.
The verdict? These cookies are delicious. They are soft, chewy, and slightly crispy on the edges. Plus, they have just the right amount of sweetness – not too sweet and not too bitter.
Making these cookies at home is definitely worth your time. Trust me. You will be glad you did. If you love cookie recipes, be sure to check out my favorites below.
Who makes Kirkland Chocolate Chip cookies?
For your kind information, Kirkland chocolate chip cookies are a brand of Costco cookies. You will find baked cookies at Cosco stores in the baking section.
Kirkland signature cookies are made with a variety of ingredients. Every time I hear about these cookies, I can’t help but think about Costco. If you have never eaten Costco cookies, I would definitely recommend giving them a try.
What makes a cookie soft and chewy or crispy?
When it comes to cookies, the key to making them soft and chewy or crispy is in the ingredients. For soft, fluffy cookies, you will want bread flour which helps create a tender dough.
Bread flour also has a high gluten content, which results in a cookie that is chewy and elastic.
On the other hand, for a crispy texture, corn syrup and brown sugar are added. This will give the cookie a nice and crispy crust. I know, things are now getting complicated to understand, right? Then let’s try it practically.
Kirkland chocolate chip cookie recipe
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time15 min
- Total Time30 min
- YieldChocolate Chip
- Serving Size30
- Energy210 cal
Ingredients of Kirkland chocolate chip cookie recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour( Additional for dusting surfaces and rolling balls)
- 3/4 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, Softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Chocolate Chips (12 oz)
- Nuts 1 cup
Instructions for Kirkland chocolate chip cookie recipe
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, butter, and salt; set aside.
Using an electric mixer on low speed, cream butter, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
Beat in eggs one at a time, then mix in vanilla extract and baking soda until well combined.
Don’t mix everything at a single time. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed and mix just until combined.
Add chocolate chips and nuts to the dough mixture; mix well to combine.
Roll rounded tablespoons of batter (about 2 teaspoons) into balls, then roll in additional flour if necessary for a firmer ball.
Place cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone liner.
Press each cookie gently into an even shape. (The logs will flatten slightly during baking).
Bake at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.
- Serving Size30
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*Standard DV
- Total Fat11 g78 g14.1%
- Saturated Fat4 g20 g20%
- Trans Fat0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat0 g
- Cholesterol10 mg300 mg3.33%
- Sodium120 mg2300 mg5.22%
- Total Carbohydrate27 g275 g9.82%
- Dietary Fiber1 g28 g3.57%
- Total Sugars16 g
- Added Sugars- g50 g0%
- Sugar Alcohal- g
- Protein3 g50 g6%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)- IU800 IU0%
- Calcium- mg1300 mg0%
- Iron- mg18 mg0%
- Potassium0 mg4700 mg0%
- Vitamin A- mcg900 mcg0%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)- mg90 mg0%
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)- IU33 IU0%
Pro Tips to make the Kirkland chocolate chip cookie recipe tastier:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F before baking cookies. Here the temperature matters very much. This will help prevent the cookies from getting too dry and harder to enjoy.
2. Make sure you mix together all of the ingredients thoroughly before rolling balls of batter for the best results!
3. Nuts and chocolate chips are crucial in the recipe, so make sure they’re used to their best potential.
4. If the dough is too sticky to work with, you can add additional flour until it becomes manageable.
Is Kirkland chocolate chip cookie recipe good for health?
We always keep this part to inform our readers about whether the recipe is healthy or not. However, the Kirkland chocolate cookie recipe is my favorite for many reasons.
One of the main reasons is this is the healthiest cookie recipe. Some health benefits are mentioned below:
1) Boost your energy levels by consuming these delicious cookies.
2) Improves your mood, as they are known to induce feelings of happiness and joy.
3) This recipe contains dietary fiber, which helps regulate digestion and keep you feeling fuller for longer periods of time.
4) Another great thing about this cookie recipe is that it has healthy fats, which keep your heart healthy and help you to maintain a trim figure.
After going through the recipe, we are sure you are in love with this short yet simple Kirkland chocolate chip cookie recipe.
The snack is so simple to make and yet tastes delicious as well. You can serve it along with tea or coffee for a perfect afternoon treat.
We would also recommend using high-quality chocolate chips that have no added sugar.