Ingles Chicken Salad Recipe is perfect for a picnic, an after-school snack, or a delicious dinner. When you want to enjoy this chicken salad recipe, there are so many ways to make it.
Whether you’re hosting a special party or serving it at home with family and friends, you will find this recipe simple and fun to prepare.
Anyone can cook this recipe by following the below-given steps. So, don’t be afraid to try it once as I am guaranteeing your taste that it won’t fail to impress you.
What is Ingles Chicken Salad Recipe?
There is no specific definition of this recipe, but what I know better is I love this one. Ingles Chicken Salad Recipe is an easy-to-make recipe.
It requires you to use chicken breasts, mayonnaise, your favorite seasonings, etc. Ingles Chicken Salad is a delicious and nutritious dish that can be served as a main course or on a sandwich.
What kind of rotisserie chicken should I use?
You can use any rotisserie chicken that you want. If you use a home-cooked rotisserie chicken, you can use your preference. But it would help if you are looking for high-quality meat with tender skin and fat.
The most common types of rotisserie chickens include:
1. Whole Chicken– A whole chicken can be cooked using any preferred method. Such as baked, grilled, or broiled with the drumsticks attached.
If you do not plan on eating all parts of your bird, then purchase a whole chicken. This will ensure that your family gets to enjoy every element, including the legs, thighs, wings, and even neck bones.
2. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts– Several brands are available that sell frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts. So if you live near a supermarket, this would be an excellent choice for those times when cooking doesn’t seem like a priority. And getting dinner on the table is essential.
Can I freeze chicken salad with mayonnaise in it?
You can freeze chicken salad with mayonnaise in it. I have done this, and the result was not bad. But I suggest not to do that. It’s better to avoid freezing chicken salads that include mayonnaise.
Ingles Chicken Salad Recipe
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time5 min
- Total Time15 min
- YieldChicken Salad
- Serving Size4-5
- Energy250 cal
Ingredients of Ingles Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 kg chopped and shredded chicken meat
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- Lemon juice for taste
- 1 cup almonds
- 5 chopped eggs
Instructions for Ingles Chicken Salad Recipe
First of all, put your minced chicken on a frying pan with some oil to cook.
After the meat cooks thoroughly, keep it aside in a middle-sized bowl.
Add all the chopped and dry ingredients to a separate bowl.
After the cooked meats get cool down, take it.
Before that, don’t forget to add lemon juice, mayonnaise, and those wet ingredients with the chopped mix.
The final step is to add the meat into the wet mixer.
You can add some more things to taste the recipe better.
- Serving Size4-5
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*Standard DV
- Total Fat19 g78 g24.36%
- Saturated Fat3 g20 g15%
- Trans Fat0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat0 g
- Cholesterol60 mg300 mg20%
- Sodium350 mg2300 mg15.22%
- Total Carbohydrate1 g275 g0.36%
- Dietary Fiber0 g28 g0%
- Total Sugars0 g
- Added Sugars0 g50 g0%
- Sugar Alcohal0 g
- Protein19 g50 g38%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)- IU800 IU0%
- Calcium- mg1300 mg0%
- Iron- mg18 mg0%
- Potassium- mg4700 mg0%
- Vitamin A-- mcg900 mcg0%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)- mg90 mg0%
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)- IU33 IU0%
Pro Tips to make the Ingles Chicken Salad Recipe tastier:
1. Make sure you use a thick piece of chicken breast instead of thin strips. The thinner pieces tend to get dry faster, making the dressing turn into a paste rather than an emulsion.
2. Also, try adding some fresh herbs like parsley or basil for extra flavor.
3. Mixing mayonnaise with tartar sauce is another great idea because this makes the recipe more interesting and tasty.
4. You can also add some olives, green peppers, or carrots into your chicken salad for a different flavor.
5. Last but not least, add some salt to the salad right before serving so that your guests will have a greater appreciation for its salty taste.
Is an Ingles rotisserie chicken salad recipe healthy?
The Ingles grape chicken salad recipe is delicious and very healthy. It consists of chicken pieces, chopped lettuce, tomato, onion, and mayonnaise, an excellent combination for salads.
It can be eaten as a lunch or dinner dish with my special Alfonsino fish recipes.
However, if you are looking for a rotisserie chicken salad recipe with more protein content, you should add more healthy ingredients.
You can also check out my other blog post on the best drinks recipe of fruity pebbles shake. I guess this will be an excellent combination with the Ingles chicken recipe. But don’t forget to try both.
What goes best with chicken salad?
My suggestion would be peanuts. I like to add chopped peanuts to my chicken salad, giving it a crunchy texture, which I love.
Another thing that goes great with chicken salad is mayonnaise or yogurt dressing. You can also use ranch dressing for the same purpose.
Ingles Chicken Salad Recipe is a classic yet often overlooked recipe. This easy chicken salad recipe can be made with cooked or leftover chicken and is low-fat, high in protein, and vegetarian-friendly.
Serve it in individual bowls or on a platter for easy entertaining. However, let us know how you have enjoyed this recipe today.