Why you may choose Hmong Sweet Pork recipe :
The Hmong Sweet Pork recipe is a great tasting recipe for foodies. It is sweet and spicy. This dish is protein-based so you can goal your daily protein limits by eating this flavorful and delicious sweet pork.
It is also easy to make. Here in this, you are given very clear and straight instructions to make this recipe at home with perfection. So follow this article and make a perfect dish for your family and friends.
Hmong Sweet Pork recipe
- Chopping board and sharp knife
- Medium size Bowls
- Deep skillets
- Serving ceramic bowl
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. oyster sauce
- ½ cup dark soy sauce
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 lbs sliced pork belly, butt and bones you can use any parts of your choice
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 2 tbsp. garlic paste
- 2 tbsp. ginger paste or 3 inch sliced ginger
- 10-15 pcs eggs (less or more the number depends on you)
- 5 pcs star anise
- Water needed amount (approximate 6 cups)
- Cut the pork into 1-2 inch pieces and wash it with water. Drain water then keeps it in a bowl. Add dark soy sauce, salt, and oyster sauce mix properly. Set aside 20-30 minutes for the marinade.
- In a skillet boil eggs for 8-10 minutes. After boiling, put the eggs in cold water and remove the eggshell. Apply 1 tbsp. dark soy sauce all over the eggs, stir once to coat evenly then keep aside.
- Add sugar and 1 cup water in another skillet. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the sugar melts and caramelizes. Be careful with heat so that you can avoid burning your sugar.
- Heat a big skillet with oil on medium heat. Add garlic paste and ginger paste cook for 2 minutes or until it is brown. Slowly confer marinated pork and the left marinated juice stir and cook for 5 minutes. Add caramelized sugar and star anise, stir and cook another 1 minute.
- Pour water until all the pork is submerged. Then lid the skillet and cook for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally. Remove the lid and cook for another 30 minutes. Add water if needed. When the pork is tender and soft add boiled eggs. Stir carefully so the eggs are not broken and cook another 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Discard the star anise. Pour the dish into a ceramic bowl and serve hot.
Here are some questions you may have about eating pork
How do you make pork taste good?
- Usually pork can be made more delicious by brine, which can take up to half an hour. Take water in a medium size bowl and mix 1/2 cup salt in it and immerse the pork. Cover and store in the freezer.
Why is pork so chewy?
- This can happen if the meat is cut too thin and cooked too fast. In this case, the meat is cut to medium size and cooked for a long time on low heat is more delicious.
Why does pork sometimes taste bad?
- This can be the case with wild boar, especially non-castrated male pigs once they reach puberty.
- Foodborne illnesses such as Trichinosis can occur, it is usually due to eating raw meat. In that case abdominal pain, fever and headache may occur.
Is pork healthy to eat?
- It is one of the most nutritious foods to meet the needs of high-quality protein, zinc and iron. So you can add it to your diet, but remember that it is better to cook and eat properly.