Can you remember one of my most popular first watch kale tonic recipe posts? I’m sure you do, as it was a runaway success. If avocado toast is your thing, too, then this post is for you.
This First Watch Avocado Toast Recipe will show you how to make the perfect first watch breakfast or snack. My iced avocado toast recipe is always a hit, but this time I am sharing my version with some pro tips for how to make it even better.
Let’s make our day special with this tasty dish.
What does First Watch put on their avocado toast?
Don’t you ever wonder what First Watch puts on their avocado toast? Well, today I’m going to tell you.
When I first tried their avocado toast, I was a little surprised. They put basted eggs on their avocado toast.
The first watch puts whole grain bread and thick slices of fresh avocado on their toast. One thing I must mention here is that there are many variations of avocado toast.
Some include whipped cream too. Sounds yummy, right? Yes, it is a delicious and nutritious snack that is perfect for your day.
Personally, I think avocado toast is best when it’s simple and delicious and made by following the first watch authentic formula in which cream or mayonnaise are not included.
So, I am not going to add these ingredients, but you can. This is because we care for your health and want to ensure that you get the best possible first watch crab avocado toast recipe.
What kind of bread does First Watch use for avocado toast?
Many of you get confused because when we talk about avocado toast, bread always comes to our mind first. Do you know what kind of bread First Watch uses?
Well, they use whole-grain bread that is not heavily loaded with salt or other additives.
And the thickness of their slices ensures that avocado doesn’t soak through the bread- resulting in a crispy texture on the outside and a creamy avocado mousse within.
Ok, Maybe I am making things a little bit harder to understand. Let’s then go through the guide.
First Watch Avocado Toast Recipe
- Prep Time3 min
- Cook Time17 min
- Total Time20 min
- YieldAvocado Toast
- Serving Size1
- Energy630 cal
Ingredients of First Watch Avocado Toast Recipe
First watch avocado toast ingredients
- 1 thick slice of whole grain bread
- -1 large avocado, mash
- 2 eggs, basted
- Extra virgin olive oil 1/2 tsp
- Sea salt ( As per your taste)
- 1 lemon wedge
- Fresh herbs such as chives or dill weed, for garnish (optional)
For Avocado Mash And Seasoning
- 1 large avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- sea salt (to taste)
- Ground black pepper half cup
- Onion salt 1/2 tbsp
- paprika 1 and 1/2 tbsp
- Garlic 1 tbsp
Instructions for First Watch Avocado Toast Recipe
Start by heating up your olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat and adding the salt, lemon juice, eggs, and herbs of your choice.
Allow it to cook for 2 minutes before stirring it constantly with a spoon or spatula until thickened (about 10 minutes).
While this is cooking on the stovetop, toast your whole grain bread slices in the oven at 350°F for about 5-7 minutes until lightly golden brown on both sides and crispy.
Once toasted, spread the avocado mash on each slice of bread and top with fresh herbs if desired.
Serve immediately with lemon wedges on the side for squeezing. Enjoy.
- Serving Size1
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*Standard DV
- Total Fat42 g78 g53.85%
- Saturated Fat9 g20 g45%
- Trans Fat0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat0 g
- Cholesterol- mg300 mg0%
- Sodium1200 mg2300 mg52.17%
- Total Carbohydrate48 g275 g17.45%
- Dietary Fiber- g28 g0%
- Total Sugars8 g
- Added Sugars- g50 g0%
- Sugar Alcohal- g
- Protein23 g50 g46%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)- IU800 IU0%
- Calcium- mg1300 mg0%
- Iron- mg18 mg0%
- Potassium- mg4700 mg0%
- Vitamin A- mcg900 mcg0%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)- mg90 mg0%
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)- IU33 IU0%
Pro Tips to make the recipe tastier:
1) Add any extra toppings of your choice, like fresh herbs, avocado slices, bacon bits, etc.
2) For a creamier avocado toast experience, mash the avocado rather than use it as is.
3) Enjoy with lemon wedges and whole grain toast for an energizing start to your day.
4) Make your own variation by adding more ingredients.
5) Don’t over-toast the toast- it should be chewy and not hard.
6) Freshly squeezed lemon juice brings out the flavor of avocado mash.
Health benefits of avocado toast recipe
One of my favorite things to do when I have some extra time is to whip up an avocado toast recipe. Avocado toast can be incredibly rewarding, nutritious, and delicious all at the same time. Here are just a few of its many benefits:
1) Avocados are high in fiber, which helps keep you feeling full and satisfied throughout the day.
2) They’re also packed with vitamins A, E, and B6 and potassium, which can help regulate blood pressure levels and increase energy levels.
3) Side ingredients like herbs, lemon juice, and eggs can also provide additional health benefits like boosting the immune system, fighting infection, and increasing heart health.
As you can see, the first watch avocado toast recipe is quite easy.
It’s amazing how adding these simple ingredients can transform an ordinary dish into something heavenly.
The only thing that you will need to do now is to find some time in your busy schedule and try it out yourself. After all, who doesn’t love slow-cooked toast drenched with honey?