Why you may choose this King taco green salsa recipe :
King taco green salsa recipe is easy to make at home. You can have it not only taco but also lots of food items like a chicken grill, chicken barbeque, chips, pasta, etc.
It is spicy flavorful delicious salsa. You can easily change any ingredients by your choice. You can storage 3-4 days in the refrigerator. So follow this recipe and make an incredible salsa.
King taco green salsa recipe
King taco green salsa recipe is very tasty, so you can try to make for your family members.
- chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Perforated bowl
- 3 tbsp. olive oil or vegetable oil as you prefer (Extra virgin)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled off
- 1 pc medium size white onion
- 5-7 pcs green tomatoes
- 4 pcs jalapeno
- 2 pcs green pepper
- 2 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tbsp. ground pepper
- 1 cup fresh green cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tbsp. salt (add more if required)
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar (optional)
- 2 tbsp. white sugar (optional)
First, remove the husk from the tomato. Then wash the tomatoes, jalapeno, green pepper, and cilantro with cool water. Drain excess water.
Cut the jalapeno along the middle and remove the seeds. Green pepper is in small size so don’t cut them.
Heat the skillet with 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil on medium heat. Then arrange the jalapeno, green pepper, and garlic cloves in the frying pan and cook for 1 minute or until the green pepper and garlic turns brown. Flip once so both sides are equally fried.
Remove the fried ingredients from the skillet and keep them in a bowl. And set aside.
Pour another 2 tbsp. oil into the skillet and heat few seconds. Arrange washed tomatoes on the hot skillet and cook about 3 minutes on low heat so the tomatoes become soft but do not burn. Season with a pinch of salt and ground pepper. Flip the tomatoes once the green color turns brown. Once every side is done frying and the tomatoes are soft then unload from heat.
In the meanwhile finely cut the onion and cilantro into very small sizes. And put them in a bowl and set beside.
In a blender, confer roasted jalapeno, green pepper, garlic, and tomatoes and blend for few seconds or until smooth. Then add a pinch of salt, sugar, red pepper flakes and pulse for another few seconds.
Pour the smoothie into a bowl. Add lemon juice, chopped cilantro, and onion. Mix well with a spoon. Finally ready to serve.
More questions about salsa are answered below
What is Mexican green salsa made of?
- Tomatillos, onion, jalapeno, lime, and cilantro are needed to make Mexican green salsa. In this case you need to cook tomatillos.
Do you peel tomatoes for salsa?
- Some tomatoes skin feel tough and bitter after cooking which can ruin your recipe, in which case you can peel the tomato before cooking.
What can I add to my salsa to make it taste better?
- To make the salsa more delicious, you can add certain ingredients like onions, diced avocado, cut corn and diced tomatoes. You can also add mango or pineapple, but it will sweeten the salsa.
Can you eat salsa Raw?
- Of course, this is one of the ways to get vitamin-C which will play an important role in keeping your heart healthy
What tomatoes are best for salsa?
- The most important ingredient in making salsa is tomato. In this case you can choose beefsteak or Roma. However, cherry can be used to make salsa. It is best if you cultivate tomatoes yourself and use them.