I love cooking, and I am always on the lookout for new recipes. Duck Feet Recipe is a great recipe that has been around for a very long time. It is not easy to find, but it tastes amazing when you do make it.
If you want to make this recipe successfully, it is important that you follow the instructions carefully and correctly.
Also, adding unnecessary ingredients will change the taste and make it more complex. That’s why I am here to show you how to make duck feet dish the right way.
The process is quite simple, and it only takes a few minutes to make. So, let’s not waste our time and get started.
Do duck feet have bones in them?
There are many people who love duck feet because they are full of flavor. However, duck feet do have bones in them. Personally, I think these bones make the duck feet dish even more delicious.
If you are not a fan of bones, then cook them without them. However, I think that most people would prefer to have them there.
Many people might be wondering what else is included in duck bones. Well, apart from the bones, duck feet also include a lot of other things.
These include the skin, claws, muscles, and ligaments. They are all very nutritious and can make your dish more flavorful.
Are ducks feet good to eat?
Let me answer one more question for you before we move on to the recipe. Are ducks feet good to eat? Yes, they are. Most people eat them boiled or roasted. They also make a great soup or stew.
Some may not enjoy the taste of duck feet, but that is up to them. There are many ways to enjoy this dish. The taste is like pork but with a bit more flavor. The good thing is there is a variety of way to make it so everyone can enjoy it.
If you have never tried out the duck feet dish, now is the time. Let’s try it with me today and express the results in the comment section below.
Duck Feet Recipe
- Prep Time20 min
- Cook Time40 min
- Total Time1 hr
- YieldDuck Feet
- Serving Size4
- Energy505 cal
Ingredients of Duck Feet Recipe
- Duck feet 1000g
- Chili 50g
- Two cloves of garlic, minced
- Soy sauce 10g
- Pinch of salt
- Sugar 20g
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper/ Sesame pepper
- Aniseed 2g
- Shallot 20g
- One teaspoon of ground ginger
- Fennel 1g
- Thirteen Incense 3g
- One tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Bay leaf two tab
- 1 cup green onion, diced
Instructions for Duck Feet Recipe
Remove the skin, tendons, and any other unwanted parts off of the duck feet by using a sharp knife. Make sure to discard all the bones.
Wash the duck feet in cold water and scrub them clean. Make sure to get all the dirt, sand, and other residues off of them.
In the casserole pan or saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat and sauté the garlic for a minute. Add the garlic onion and cook them until golden brown.
Now, put chili, soy sauce, sugar, salt, black pepper/sesame pepper), aniseed, shallot onion leaves, ginger powder, and fennel seed.
Add in your duck feet, and then stir all together until everything is well combined (around 5 minutes).
Cook for around 40 minutes or until the duck feet are cooked through.
Simmer until ready to serve.
It will be more favorable if you transfer it to an iron pot.
- Serving Size4
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*Standard DV
- Total Fat49 g78 g62.82%
- Saturated Fat17 g20 g85%
- Trans Fat- g
- Polyunsaturated Fat- g
- Monounsaturated Fat- g
- Cholesterol95 mg300 mg31.67%
- Sodium79 mg2300 mg3.43%
- Total Carbohydrate- g275 g0%
- Dietary Fiber- g28 g0%
- Total Sugars- g
- Added Sugars- g50 g0%
- Sugar Alcohal- g
- Protein14 g50 g28%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)- IU800 IU0%
- Calcium14 mg1300 mg1.08%
- Iron3 mg18 mg16.67%
- Potassium261 mg4700 mg5.55%
- Vitamin A36 mcg900 mcg4%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)4 mg90 mg4.44%
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)- IU33 IU0%
Pro Tips to make the Duck Feet Recipe tastier:
1) Duck feet can be made more delicious by marinating them in a mixture of soy sauce, sugar, garlic oil, and chili before cooking.
2) You can also use different spices, such as cumin powder or paprika, for variation.
3) Cook the duck feet on medium-high heat instead of high heat to minimize sticking and ensure that they are cooked through fully.
4) You can season the duck feet with other herbs, such as thyme or rosemary, prior to cooking for a more flavorful outcome.
5) The dish can be enhanced further with some shredded green onion on top before serving.
Duck Feet Health Benefits
Well, I know you’re probably wondering if duck feet are healthy or not. When we can discover some health benefits, the recipe becomes even more tempting, don’t you think so?
Here are just a few health benefits of the duck feet recipe:
1) Duck feet contain high levels of vitamin A, which helps promote good vision, immune system function, and skin health. This nutrient is also essential for maintaining normal cell growth and development as well as protecting against damage from the sun.
2) These are high in collagen (a type of protein), which has been linked with promoting healthy skin and hair. Collagen is also important for wound healing and the prevention of age-related diseases such as arthritis.
3) In addition, duck feet are a good source of vitamins, sodium, and selenium. They’re even rich in phosphorus.
4) It is proven that duck feet are easy to digest.
As we know, few dishes are as popular in many parts of the world as the duck feet recipe. This recipe is no different. You can prepare fried duck feet with a variety of ingredients based on your taste and preference.
However, this recipe uses traditional spices such as ginger, aniseed, etc. These have been used for centuries to give the dish its unique flavor.