Why you may choose this Ding Dong Cake Recipe Paula Deen:
The Ding Dong Cake Recipe Paula Deen is a great delicious. It is easy to make this incredibly tasty cake at home. It is a favorite cake for all aged people, especially for children.
It makes you feel that you are in your childhood time. It contains heavy ingredients but its taste and color deserve it. It is a healthy dessert also. So choose this recipe and please your family and friends.
Ding Dong Cake Recipe Paula Deen
- Mixing bowls (different size)
- Electric mixer
- Hand mixer
- 9 inch round cake pans
- Parchment paper
- Sauce pan
- Cake platter
- Plate and fork
- 6 pcs eggs
- 630 g all-purpose flour
- 1200 g granulated sugar
- 250 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1.5 tbsp. baking soda
- 2 tbsp. salt to taste
- ½ cup vegetable oil for grease and cake
- 3 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 620 ml buttermilk
For cream filling
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted softened butter
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp. all-purpose flour
For chocolate ganache
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- 1.5 cup whipping cream
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Heat oven before-hand to 325 degrees F.
- Cut the parchment paper like round cake pans. Line cake pans with cut parchment paper and greases them with oil so that the cakes do not stick.
- In a mixing bowl, take all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cocoa powder combine the ingredients with a hand mixer.
- Crack the eggs in another mixing bowl, be careful so that there is no eggshell left. Beat the egg with help of an electric mixer for 2-3 minutes until it is foamy. Slowly add buttermilk, vanilla extract, vegetable oil, and salt, beat another 2-3 minutes.
- Confer dry mixture into the egg mixture and mix slowly with a hand mixer. Then beat few seconds with an electric mixer so the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pans equally and line the batter with a spatula. Then arrange them in the preheated oven for baking. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Once the cakes are baked properly unload from the oven. Rest for few minutes to cool.
- In the meanwhile prepare the cream filling.
- Heat a saucepan with milk on low heat. Slowly add flour and stir continuously. Remove from heat when it becomes thick. Whist another 2-3 minutes.
- Take sugar, butter, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl mix with an electric mixer for 3-4 minutes. Add cold milk and flour mixture and pulse another 2-3 minutes or until the cream is light and fluffy.
- Remove the cakes from cake pans. Frist apply cream filling on the bottom of one cake. Line evenly with a spatula. Then set the second cake on top of the first cake. Make sure the bottom side of the second cake is on top of the first cake.
- Transfer the cake to the refrigerator.
- At last make ganache. Take whipping cream chocolate chips and sugar in a bowl. Microwave for 50 seconds, stir 1 or 2 times.
- Remove from microwave and mix the cream with a hand mixer until it is thick and smooth. Rest it to cool for few minutes.
- Unload the cake from the refrigerator and spread the ganache over the cake. Use a spatula to line the ganache on every side of the cake.
- Rest the cake in the fridge for few minutes to ready.
- Then slice the cake and serve on a plate with a fork.
Some questions about Ding Dong Cake are answered below
What’s the difference between a Ring Ding and a Ding Dong?
- Ring ding cake is usually a bit longer than Ding Dong cake and the outer chocolate shell of the ring ding cake is darker than Ding Dong cake.
Are Ring Dings bad for you?
- Ring ding cake contains a lot of trans-fats which is harmful for the body, even it is able to meet 50% of your daily saturated fat intake. So it is better to avoid ring ding cake if you are trying to lose weight
Are Drake’s Ring Dings gluten free?
- Drake’s Ring Dings is completely gluten free, so you can eat this cake even if you are on a diet.
Can you freeze Ring Dings?
- For maximum taste, you can keep the ring ding in the fridge for up to two weeks, but you can also keep it in the fridge for up to two months.
Which Flavour is best for cake?
- Chocolate, Black Forest, Pineapple, Vanilla and Butterscotch are the best