When you are reading this favorite post about the cracker barrel roast beef recipe, you have already made various types of recipes with beef at home.
For that, you may avoid this recipe but you need to remember that every beef recipe has unique which is very important especially the Cracker barrel pot roast recipe.
That is why you can try this recipe at home for your family and friends. You can make this recipe on different occasions and have a nice plotter on your weekend.
As a new recipe maker, you need to know the pros and cons of this recipe. So, let’s have a good reading time on this post.
Table of Contents
What is Cracker Barrel Pot Roast Recipe?
The Cracker barrel pot roast recipe is a recipe made by beef, various species, and vegetables that are liked by people. It is a kind of beef roasted recipe with various vegetables.
This recipe is very popular all over the world especially with those people who like beef so much.
As a beef lover, you can make this recipe without any hesitation at home or on different occasions.
You have the best opportunities to know all the related information with tips and instructions in here.
Just keep reading from the beginning to ending and it is committed that you must be able to make this recipe at home without additional helping.
Let’s see about how to make the cracker barrel roast beef gravy recipe.
How to make Cracker Barrel Pot Roast Recipe?
You may first become got afraid you make this recipe at home without previous experience of making this recipe. Don’t be afraid.
This post has been designed in such a way that you will get all the tips, tricks, cooking processes, and instructions with other things at a glance.
So, let’s have a look at the next steps of making this recipe.
Cracker Barrel Roast Beef Recipe
When you manage the below ingredients, you can make the recipe with the best taste you have ever cooked the other recipes. Now, you need to see the next part of this recipe.
- Prep Time1 hr
- Cook Time8 hr
- Perform Time45 min
- Total Time9 hr 45 min
- Serving Size5
- Energy480 cal
Ingredients of Cracker Barrel Roast Beef Recipe
- Fresh and Soft Beef 1 KG without bone.
- Aromatics – A small diced onion and minced garlic that spread out the aroma.
- Condensed beefy mushroom soup – This forms the base of the gravy that will make a juicy look.
- Some Cornstarch and water– To make slurry to thicken the gravy that helps to mix up.
- Chuck roast – 3 Pounds.
- Seasonings – A touch of garlic powder, bay leaves and salt and pepper to intensify the taste.
- Olive Oil – You could use another light oil to sear the roast because it’s not fatty.
- Flour – All-purpose flour to coat the beef that makes it crisp.
Instructions for Cracker Barrel Roast Beef Recipe
First, you need to rise the roast and pat it dry with paper towels for a while. After some time, you liberally and carefully season the roast that you have patted before.
In this case, you add ‘½’ teaspoon of garlic powder or paste you have made before.
Add some flour to a medium-sized plate, bring the roast, and lay the flour in the roast perfectly so that the whole pieces are covered in an equal proportion that is a very important step of this recipe. You put aside them in a side for while.
Now, you just need a large skillet set over medium heat, add some olive oil in a skillet.
When you see the oil of the skillet is getting hot, you add the roast into the skillet and sear all the parts with much care because it is the most crucial part of making this recipe.
When the roasts are fully seared, you transfer them into another bowl of your crockpot.
Add the onions into the hot skillet, you keep cooking only for 2-3 minutes, then stir often and again transfer the onions and skillet juices to the slow cooker because it will bring a smoother and softer look.
Add the rest of the garlic, bay leaves to the slow cooker and pour all cane of the condensed beefy mushroom soup
You can add more salt and sear for a while with medium heat. Now, you need to put the lid into a crockpot and cook the roast for 8-10 hours at low heat.
After that time, you remove the roast and put it into a cutting board, and shred the meat. Now, you need to foil the pieces so that it stays warm.
In this step, you gather whisk the cornstarch and water to make a slurry in a small bowl.
Pour these into the juice in the crockpot to form a gravy and return the lid and set out the high heat.
The high heat will be continued for 10 minutes and let be gravy thicken. So, remove the heat, and your cooking is done, and serve now.
- Serving Size5
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*Standard DV
- Total Fat29 g78 g37.18%
- Saturated Fat12 g20 g60%
- Trans Fat1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat0 g
- Cholesterol130 mg300 mg43.33%
- Sodium780 mg2300 mg33.91%
- Total Carbohydrate10 g275 g3.64%
- Dietary Fiber0 g28 g0%
- Total Sugars0 g
- Added Sugars0 g50 g0%
- Sugar Alcohal0 g
- Protein45 g50 g90%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)0 IU800 IU0%
- Calcium0 mg1300 mg0%
- Iron0 mg18 mg0%
- Potassium0 mg4700 mg0%
- Vitamin A0 mcg900 mcg0%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)0 mg90 mg0%
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)0 IU33 IU0%
Healthy Benefits of the cracker barrel roast beef gravy recipe
This recipe is delicious and healthy for your health. When you are getting bored with foods made with only vegetables, you can make this food recipe at home and you will get and heavenly taste from this.
You know that beef is one of the best sources of protein. When you need protein with low-fat, juicy, and little vegetable mixing food, you can make this recipe without any hesitation.
You will get both protein and vitamins that are the most essential for health.
The cracker barrel pot roast recipe is one of the most delicious and popular recipes for those who and want to take a different taste with beef.
This is a unique recipe with a mouth-watering taste. So, you can make this recipe at home following the above instructions and enjoy it with your family and friends.
how to burn calories fast
Few relevant questions about Cracker Barrel Roast Beef Recipe are answered below
How do I cook a roast beef so it doesn't dry?
- Usually refrain from overcooking. First 20 minutes at 400 degree Celsius in the oven and then 30 minutes for every pound at 325 degree Celsius then your roast will be fine.
Does Cracker Barrel have a secret menu?
- Usually milkshakes are not included in their menu but you can get them if you want.
Why does my roast beef turn out tough?
- Generally this kind of result come from overcooking, choosing the wrong cut of meat or undercooking. So make sure nothing like that happens.
What is the best meal at Cracker Barrel?
- Best meal at Cracker Barrel as per food lovers: Macaroni n 'Cheese, Gravy n 'Biscuits, Maple Jam n 'Bacon Burger, Southern Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad, Country Fried Shrimp, Chicken n 'Dumplins, Double-Chocolate Fudge Coca-Cola Cake, Pecan Pancakes.
How do I know when a roast is done?
- Try to insert the fork into the piece of meat before removing it from the roasting pan. If it can be easily inserted, then your roast is ready, otherwise restart the oven.