My grandma is a fan of Mexican grilled chicken dishes like Chipotle Pollo Asado recipe. I bought the Chipotle Pollo Asado for her. She likes it so much and wants to learn the recipe.
So, here is a recipe for Chipotle Pollo Asado to make at home.
The special feature of this chicken, it is juicy and tender with a smoky flavor. It becomes tastier with Cilantro Lime rice, Black beans, and corn salsa.
This dish becomes easy and tasty if you can marinate it overnight. After proper seasoning, the next day you can grill the chicken!
What is Chipotle Pollo Asado?
Pollo Asado is a Spanish word. Pollo means chicken and Asado means grilled. Simply, it is a classic grilled chicken dish but not a simple dish at all.
This dish is all about marinating the chicken and then grilling. If you can grill it over charcoal on the barbecue, the taste increases more.
Serve Mexican style with some orange or lime squeezed around the dish.
Chipotle Pollo Asado recipe
Pollo Asado is a popular dish all over Mexico. For getting the perfect taste of this dish, you have to follow the steps:
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time25 min
- Total Time35 min
- YieldGrilled Chicken
- Serving Size4
- Energy188 cal
Ingredients of Chipotle Pollo Asado recipe
- Boneless and skinless Chicken thighs
- Blended Onion
- Garlic cloves
- Lime or orange juice
- Chipotle peppers in adobo
- Smoked paprika
- Olive oil
- Sea Salt
Instructions for Chipotle Pollo Asado recipe
Take chicken pieces in a bowl. Now, bring a blender and put all the ingredients there. Blend all of them without the chicken. Marinate the chicken with this paste.
Mix the paste with the chicken b in your hand. Be sure all the pieces of chicken become well coated. Keep the marinated Chicken in a Ziplock packet or box and place it in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
After 1 hour or more, prepare the pan to fry the chicken. Pour a little bit of olive oil and place the chicken on the pan.
Cook with medium-low flame and season with salt and pepper. You can cook in the oven at 180°-350°F for 15 min. If you have a BBQ grill, the chicken turns into traditional Pollo Asado.
After finishing frying one side, check it becomes crispy and brown. Then, change the side with the kitchen tongs and brush the marinating juice on the skin.
Add more olive oil if necessary. Bring homemade achiote seasoning for this recipe, it can add extra flavor and color.
Now, prepare your serving plate with salad and lime or orange squeeze. Place the chicken on the serving plate and spread some coriander leaves on it.
Slice the chicken as per your preference. Your meal is ready now. Enjoy the platter with family and friends.
- Serving Size4
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*Standard DV
- Total Fat16 g78 g20.51%
- Saturated Fat4 g20 g20%
- Trans Fat- g
- Polyunsaturated Fat- g
- Monounsaturated Fat- g
- Cholesterol73 mg300 mg24.33%
- Sodium443 mg2300 mg19.26%
- Total Carbohydrate2.1 g275 g0.76%
- Dietary Fiber0.4 g28 g1.43%
- Total Sugars1.2 g
- Added Sugars- g50 g0%
- Sugar Alcohal- g
- Protein8.7 g50 g17.4%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)- IU800 IU0%
- Calcium- mg1300 mg0%
- Iron- mg18 mg0%
- Potassium- mg4700 mg0%
- Vitamin A- mcg900 mcg0%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)- mg90 mg0%
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)- IU33 IU0%
Chipotle Pollo Asado is a popular dish in Mexico over the United States. It is delicious spicy food with a slightly sweet topping of lemon and cilantro.
- Heart-healthy: As a low-fat meal, this dish becomes heart-healthy as well. There is only 4g of saturated fat. Olive oil is also helpful for our bodies.
- Low Cholesterol: In the food value chart, this dish contains only 73g of cholesterol. The thigh or breast piece of Chicken contains leaner protein.
- Sugar-free: There is no sugar in this dish. So, diabetes patients can keep this item in the food plan.
- Carb Friendly: If you maintain a low-carb diet, Pollo Asado is an ideal food. Here you get only 3g of carbohydrates.
- Vitamin C Included: The iron in food can be absorbed by the body when you add a little bit of vitamin C to food. Lemon juice increases the total food value amazingly.
Who Should Not Eat?
Though chicken is the main ingredient here, if you have a Chicken allergy avoid this dish. In the nutrients list, this dish contains 443 mg of sodium and 73 mg of Cholesterol.
So, if someone has a problem taking sodium, this meal should not be recommended to them. Because extreme sodium can cause heart disease, blood pressure, and stroke.
Pro Tips to Make the Chipotle Pollo Asado recipe tastier
- Proper marinating time enhances the taste of chicken. It can make the Chicken moist, juicy, and tender.
- BBQ grill makes more crispy chicken than the stove.
- Extra lime and herbs add more taste to this dish.
Frequently Ask Questions
1.What is Pollo Asado seasoning made of?
The seasoning powder of Pollo Asado is made with Salt, Onion, Garlic, Sugar, Spices (Including Paprika, Cumin, Turmeric, Black Pepper, White Pepper, and Annatto), Yeast Extract, & Extractives of Paprika.
2.Is Chipotle Pollo Asado real chicken?
Chipotle Pollo Asado is made of fresh chicken with real ingredients and classic cooking techniques.
3.How is Pollo Asado different from chicken?
After marinating and grilling the chicken, it becomes orange and red. Special seasoning powder and marinating time make it different from normal Chicken.
4.Which meat is healthiest at Chipotle?
Chicken or steak is the healthiest menu at Chipotle.
5.Is Chipotle Pollo Asado permanent?
Pollo Asado is a limited-time offer from Chipotle.
6.What happens when you eat Chipotle every day?
It is not recommended to eat every day because high sodium may high blood pressure that can lead to stroke.
So your healthy Chipotle Pollo Asado recipe is here. Discover authentic Mexican taste by following this recipe.
For storing the chicken, use an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can customize spice and citrus as your preference.
If you reheat the chicken, covered the bowl or add a cube of ice to keep the Chicken moist.
Enjoy this delicious dish at home by following the above recipe and celebrate your day!