Balbacua is a type of cooking recipe made of Filipino beef stew, collagen-rich beef parts. It is cooked for several hours until very tender with various types of spices.
It is mainly served with noodles or while boil rice.
Are you fond of Cebu Balbacua Recipe? If yes, this is the most important blog for you. You may know Balbacua is a very tasty, nutritious source of protein and delicious.
You need to cook this recipe when you get the free time for yourself and your family.
You will be able to know all the necessary information on how to cook Balbacua Recipe with the history of origination of this recipe.
Table of Contents
History of Cebu Balbacua Recipe
Where did balbacua originate? This is the most common question about this cooking recipe. The answer to this question is here you must get.
The history of Balbacua seems to be in mystery and varies because it has no written records of origin who had made a dish out of over-boiled cow tail, skins, legs, and other parts of the body.
But now, it is estimated that Balbacua is originated in the Philippines probably in the Visayas, Mindanao Islands.
It is a type of hot-cooked recipe served with white-boiled rice. Many people like to eat this recipe with spicy noodles.
Is Balbacua good for health?
Yes, Cebuano Balbacua Recipe is good for health. You know that collagen is a protein and it is abundant in our body.
When we are young we don’t need to take it because it is produced in our body naturally.
But, when we get older day by day, the capability of producing collagen decreases slowly.
That is why our body needs more collagen. Our bad habits like eating more refined carbohydrates, sugar, smoking, and ultraviolets dangerously reduce collagen levels.
So, to keep our body fit, skin foods like Balbacua is very essential.
precis of Cebu Balbacua Recipe
What are you thinking about the Cebu Balbacua Recipe? You have already known a lot of things about the recipe.
This recipe is very healthful for the proper growth of sound health. The cooking method of this recipe is also very easy.
So, cook the recipe and enjoy it with your family and friends.
Most Delicious Cebu Balbacua Recipe with Nutrition Facts
Cebu Balbacua Recipe is very healthful for the proper growth of sound health, also the cooking method of this recipe is very easy. So, let’s cook the recipe and enjoy with loved ones.
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time7 hr 15 min
- Perform Time20 min
- Total Time7 hr 45 min
- Serving Size10
- Energy151 cal
Ingredients of Cebu Balbacua Recipe
- 1 or 2 kg Ox’s Skin or Tail.
- 2 Stalks Baby Leeks Sliced.
- 3 Cloves Star Anise.
- 2 Pieces Chili Peppers.
- 1 Small Cane Black Salted Beans.
- 1 small Cane Pork and Beans.
- 1 Red Onions Bulbs Peeled and Quartered.
- 150 GM Raw Peanuts.
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced.
- 1 Piece fresh Turmeric.
- 1 Tbsp. Annatto Oil.
- Patis or Fish Sauce for more Taste
At first, you boil the ox’s skin or tail in salt and water for at least 15 minutes and drain with much care.
You again need to boil the ox’s skin or tail with Turmeric, Garlic, Anise, and Onion. You must simmer it for about 2-3 hours until it becomes semi-tender.
Now, you need to add beef briskets and peanuts and continue the boiling by the low-level fire for 2-3 hours.
When you will see that the ox’s skin or tail has become tender and soft, you can now add some chili peppers, pork, and beans, salted black beans, annatto, and leeks as you need.
This is the final step of cooking. Still, you need to cook for another 30-40 minutes with all spices and vegetables you like.
Add some patis for more taste. Your cooking is fully done. Now, you must serve hot.
- Serving Size10
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*Standard DV
- Total Fat6.9 g78 g8.85%
- Saturated Fat0.3 g20 g1.5%
- Trans Fat0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat3 g
- Cholesterol49.5 mg300 mg16.5%
- Sodium520.7 mg2300 mg22.64%
- Total Carbohydrate5.2 g275 g1.89%
- Dietary Fiber1.5 g28 g5.36%
- Total Sugars0.7 g
- Added Sugars0 g50 g0%
- Sugar Alcohal0 g
- Protein15.5 g50 g31%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)0 IU800 IU0%
- Calcium27.3 mg1300 mg2.1%
- Iron2.56 mg18 mg14.22%
- Potassium215.4 mg4700 mg4.58%
- Vitamin A19.8 mcg900 mcg2.2%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)27.27 mg90 mg30.3%
- Vitamin K0 mcg120 mcg0%
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin)0 mg1.2 mg0%
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)0 mg1.3 mg0%
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin)0 mg16 mg0%
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)0.14 mg1.7 mg8.24%
- Folate5.2 mcg400 mcg1.3%
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamine)0.42 mcg2.4 mcg17.5%
Activity Needed to Burn:
151 calories (Per Serving)
* Note: It depends on your activity, so it may be a little more or less.
Few relevant questions about Cebu Balbacua Recipe are answered below
How do you soften Balbacua?
- Just use a pressure cooker to tenderize the Ox’s Skin or Tail. After boiling the meat, drain and put on a strainer.
How long does it take to boil cow skin?
- Place the cow skin in a medium-sized saucepan and pour the water so that the pieces of skin are under water, then boil for 2-3 minutes.
How long do you boil cow feet?
- About 2 -3 hours you need to boil cow feet.
Does garlic tenderize meat?
- Any acidic liquid can play an important role in tenderizing meat
How can I soften meat quickly?
- With baking soda you can soften the meat very easily. However, be careful in using it.