What better way to welcome the holiday season than with a delicious dish that’s easy to make and perfect for entertaining? The Bubba Gump Shrimp Mac and Cheese recipe is a crowd-pleaser, full of shrimp, bacon, and cheese.
It also incorporates two of the world’s best-recognized delicious meals: cheese and shrimp. This dish is so creamy and tastes amazing! Today, I will guide you through the steps to recreate it at home.
Why is it called Bubba Gump?
Ben Buford “Bubba” Blue and Forrest Gump are the inspirations for the Bubba Gump restaurant’s moniker. After Bubba’s tragedy in the Vietnam War, Forrest explored the notion of starting a shrimp fishing company.
However, it all began as a fictitious venture between Forrest Gump and Lieutenant Dan. Since then, they have named it Bubba Gump.
Is shrimp good with the cheese?
Shrimp goes well with cheese since it gives the meal a pungent taste. It is also good when looking for something with a bit of crunch.
Shrimp is an excellent complement to cheese and may be utilized in various recipes. It is very nutritious and high-protein seafood that can be used in many ways. If you like to try something new, then the shrimp mac and cheese recipe is the perfect choice for you.
Preparing this dish will take some time, but it will impress your guests and make them feel hungry once done. Here is what you need to cook this at home-
Bubba Gump Shrimp Mac and Cheese recipe
- Prep Time20 min
- Cook Time40 min
- Total Time1 hr
- YieldMac and Cheese
- Serving Size2-3
- Energy232 cal
Ingredients of Bubba Gump Shrimp Mac and Cheese recipe
- One pound of standard size shrimp (peeled, deveined, and cleaned.
- 2 quarts of thick cream
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise or margarine
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups milk (or 1½ cups evaporated milk)
- 2 tablespoons flour (for thickening)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (optional)
- Monterey Jack cheese (cut into small pieces)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced onion powder
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
Instructions for Bubba Gump Shrimp Mac and Cheese recipe
Heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees C).
Prepare macaroni as directed on the packet.
Put the macaroni in the saucepan after draining it.
Melt the butter in the saucepan with the ingredients like garlic, salt, and pepper.
Melt butter in a wide pan over a mild flame.
Cook for 3 minutes from each side to make sure you have cooked those perfectly, or until shrimp are pink and cooked thoroughly.
Strain the Shrimp and combine it with the macaroni in the saucepan.
Next, in an enormous container, combine the flour and milk with the seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic powder).
Stir in the cheese sauce until it is completely blended with the preceding mixture in the saucepan.
Pour the mixture into a baking dish and bake for around 30 minutes, or until the cheese is combined and the sauce thickens.
- Serving Size2-3
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*Standard DV
- Total Fat12.2 g78 g15.64%
- Saturated Fat7.5 g20 g37.5%
- Trans Fat0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat0 g
- Cholesterol83 mg300 mg27.67%
- Sodium288 mg2300 mg12.52%
- Total Carbohydrate16.6 g275 g6.04%
- Dietary Fiber0.5 g28 g1.79%
- Total Sugars2.8 g
- Added Sugars0 g50 g0%
- Sugar Alcohal0 g
- Protein14.5 g50 g29%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)0 IU800 IU0%
- Calcium228.6 mg1300 mg17.58%
- Iron1.5 mg18 mg8.33%
- Potassium178.3 mg4700 mg3.79%
- Vitamin A0.13 mcg900 mcg0.01%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)0.6 mg90 mg0.67%
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)- IU33 IU0%
- Vitamin K- mcg120 mcg0%
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin)- mg1.2 mg0%
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)- mg1.3 mg0%
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin)- mg16 mg0%
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)- mg1.7 mg0%
- Folate42.4 mcg400 mcg10.6%
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamine)- mcg2.4 mcg0%
Pro Tips to make the Bubba Gump Shrimp Mac and Cheese recipe tastier:
- Use a good quality cheese: One of the most important things you can do to make your recipe taste better is to use high-quality cheese.
- Use fresh Shrimp: Another way to make your shrimp mac and cheese recipe taste better is to use fresh shrimp. Shrimp cooked simply with garlic, salt, and pepper is usually the best option because they retain their natural sweetness and flavor.
- Add spices – Adding spices such as garlic, onion powder, and salt will give the shrimp mac and cheese a more complex flavor profile that will be pleasing to the palate
Bubba Gump shrimp mac and cheese recipe health benefits
There are many health benefits to eating shrimp mac and cheese. Shrimp mac and cheese is a comforting dish that can be enjoyed as a main course or side dish. Here are some health benefits of this fantastic recipe:
- This recipe is extremely healthy because it contains lots of protein.
- You will also find that most people who eat Bubba Gump shrimp mac and cheese claim that they feel full for a more extended period after having the meal.
- The white meat shrimp in this dish is a rich protein source that helps build muscle mass and strengthen your immune system.
The Bubba Gump shrimp mac and cheese recipe is a great way to enjoy some of the best comfort food in your kitchen. It’s an easy yet tasty recipe that will satisfy even the most discerning palates.
Follow our step-by-step tutorial above to start this simple, family-friendly supper recipe!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it OK to eat cheese every day?
Ans: Honestly, the benefits of cheese consumption may vary based on your diet and personal health objectives; there is no accurate answer to this topic.
How can I spice up mac and cheese?
Ans: There are many ways to spice up mac and cheese. Some popular methods include adding garlic, onion, or mushrooms to the sauce. The flavor may also be enriched by adding shredded cheese, meat, or sausage.
Can you use regular mustard instead of dry mustard in mac and cheese?
Ans: Both types of mustard can be used in mac and cheese. However, regular mustard may give the dish a more complex flavor profile that some people prefer.