Your dinner needs a makeover! Yes, we know that this is probably one of the healthiest meals you can have, but it becomes something else entirely with ice cream. This Broccoli ice cream recipe takes your everyday dinner and makes it exciting and different.
So you’ve heard of broccoli ice cream but are wondering if it is as good as it sounds? You know that its creamy texture is what makes it stand out from the rest, but now you want to know how to make it.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make your version of this popular yet seemingly impossible dessert.
What is the history of ice cream?
Before we go to the steps, let’s know a little history of ice cream. Around the 17th century, “Cream Ice,” as it was known, was a typical dessert served to Charles I. While Catherine de Medici married Henry II of France in 1553, she presented delicious frozen treats.
Ice cream wasn’t accessible to the entire community until 1660. Because of the exorbitant cost of its components and the scarcity of freezers in the 1700s, Ice Cream was brought to the United States as a high-class treat.
Do you like broccoli ice cream recipe?
It’s no secret that ice cream is one of the most delicious things in the world. But we’re not talking about soft serve and your usual scoop, are we?
We’re talking about all-natural ice cream made from the best ingredients available. And, as you can imagine, there’s a lot of variety out there. However, how many of them taste good?
The quality of ice cream varies depending on its ingredients and manufacturing process. I am sure that you will like our today’s recipe because it’s healthy and so delicious.
Who cannot eat broccoli?
Broccoli is not suitable for everyone. It can be very harmful to those who have a deficiency of Vitamin C., So it’s essential to make sure you get enough Vitamin C in your diet.
Those with Celiac disease should avoid eating broccoli because it contains an enzyme that may cause damage to the small intestine when consumed. Broccoli is also considered an irritant for some people.
However, it doesn’t seem to bother many others, and if you eat it often enough, you’ll be fine. If you don’t have the problems mentioned above in you, let’s proceed to the central part.
Broccoli ice cream recipe
- Prep Time1 hr
- Cook Time10 min
- Perform Time15 min
- Total Time1 hr 25 min
- Yieldice cream
- Serving Size5-6
- Energy98 cal
Ingredients of Broccoli ice cream recipe
- 1 cup broccoli (300gm)
- 1/2 cup or 150 ml of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach
- One banana ( optional)
- Frozen blueberries half a cup
- Almond milk 2c
- Protein Powder
- 1 tbsp. flax seed
Instructions for Broccoli ice cream recipe
Start by freezing some broccoli in ice cube trays.
Once the broccoli is frozen, transfer it to a blender and blend until smooth.
Add the cream and others ingredients to the blender and blend until combined.
Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Serve immediately or store in the freezer for later enjoyment!
- Serving Size5-6
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*Standard DV
- Total Fat1.1 g78 g1.41%
- Saturated Fat0.3 g20 g1.5%
- Trans Fat0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat0.2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat0.2 g
- Cholesterol0 mg300 mg0%
- Sodium39.4 mg2300 mg1.71%
- Total Carbohydrate23.4 g275 g8.51%
- Dietary Fiber4 g28 g14.29%
- Total Sugars12.5 g
- Added Sugars0 g50 g0%
- Sugar Alcohal0 g
- Protein2.3 g50 g4.6%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)24.8 IU800 IU3.1%
- Calcium66.3 mg1300 mg5.1%
- Iron0.81 mg18 mg4.5%
- Potassium472.7 mg4700 mg10.06%
- Vitamin A162 mcg900 mcg18%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)49.5 mg90 mg55%
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)- IU33 IU0%
Today’s Tips to make the broccoli ice cream recipe tastier:
- Blanch the broccoli before freezing it to reduce the bitterness and enhance the flavor.
- Use a sweetener that is lower in sugar, such as honey or agave nectar, to reduce the sweetness of the ice cream while still providing sweetness.
- Add vanilla extract or other spices to the recipe to a richer flavor.
Health Benefits of Broccoli Ice cream recipe
How many of you have thought about adding a bit of broccoli to your diet? The health benefits of this vegetable are undeniable, but even more so is the addition of these ‘punchy’ vegetables to dessert recipes.
Not only are they a great source of vitamin C, but they also contain a variety of other nutrients that contribute to keeping us healthy. Some health benefits of this recipe are:
- It is a good source of vitamin C, which is essential for keeping your immune system functioning properly.
- Broccoli is a good source of fiber, which can help regulate blood sugar levels and promote regularity.
- It is low in calories, so you can indulge without worrying about weight.
- Contains antioxidants, which help to protect your body from damage caused by free radicals.
- This recipe for broccoli ice cream will help you eat your greens and indulge in some healthy dessert too!
If you’ve ever wanted to try making your ice cream, this is a recipe that will get you started.
This broccoli ice cream recipe is delicious and nutritious, so you’ll be able to indulge in it without worrying about calories or fat content. We hope you enjoy this recipe just like we do!