Frying is one of the most common cooking techniques used in many regions of the world.
It’s quick, it can be done on a stovetop or an oven, and it produces delicious fried foods that are satisfying and healthy.
One of my favorite stir-fry recipes is Blackstone stir fry. I know frying dishes are not so special any time, but when it’s cooked over a Blackstone griddle, it’s simply heavenly.
Now, I am not going to tell you that this stir fry is only for griddle cooking.
Of course, you can easily convert the recipe to stove-top or oven cooking with a few simple modifications, but I love griddle-fried foods because they are incredibly easy and fast to make.
Plus, they taste amazing!
In this Blackstone stir fry recipes guide, we will go over the ingredients needed for this dish as well as give you step-by-step instructions on how to prepare it properly. So let’s get started.
Table of Contents
How do you cook stir fry on a Blackstone griddle?
I know many people who are afraid of griddle cooking because they think it is difficult or complicated.
But the truth is that stir fry can be easily cooked on a Blackstone griddle with just a few simple techniques.
What techniques? Well, I will tell you later but just know that all you need is a griddle, oil, and heat. That’s it.
Can you fry chicken on a Blackstone griddle?
So, before I answer this question, let me tell you what our recipe is actually about. Yes, you got it right. Today my special recipe will be made with chicken.
So, if you are looking for a stir-fry recipe that uses chicken, then be happy, my dear.
Not only do the spices in the dish lend themselves well to poultry, but griddle cooking also results in juicy and delicious chicken.
And, yeah, if you are wondering if griddle frying is the same as deep-frying, the answer is no. Deep-frying uses too much oil and heat which can result in a greasy dish.
Griddle frying, on the other hand, uses low heat and small amounts of oil, which results in a crispy crust while keeping the chicken incredibly juicy inside.
That said, now that we have answered your question about whether or not griddle cooking can fry chicken – YES, let’s get started with our recipe.
Ingredients for Blackstone stir fry.
Similar recipe recommendation: Healthy chicken salad recipe.
Blackstone stir fry recipes
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time20 min
- Total Time30 min
- YieldStir Fry
- Serving Size4
- Energy416 cal
Ingredients of Blackstone stir fry recipes
- 2 large. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetables
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp cold water
- White rice ( Cooked)
- Slurry and cornstarch
- 3 green onions, chopped (white and light green parts only)
Instructions for Blackstone stir fry recipes
Heat the griddle to medium-high heat.
Start by cutting the chicken into thin strips across the grain.
Put some oil on the top of the griddle
Now, we will divide the griddle space into two sections for cooking the chicken pieces on one side and the vegetables on the other side.
Next, add the chicken strips on one side of the griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through.
Then, stir in the garlic, black pepper, and salt to taste.
Then add seasoning to the chicken while cooking it; this will help enhance the flavors in the dish.
Add all of your vegetable pieces to the opposite section of the griddle over medium heat.
Avoid overcrowding the grill as this will result in steamed vegetables instead of fried ones.
Cook the vegetables for about 5-7 minutes per side, stirring occasionally, or until they are tender and lightly crisped up on the outside.
Toss with a griddle spatula and transfer to a serving dish.
Add honey, soy sauce, water, cornstarch slurry mixture (if desired), and green onions to a griddle stir-fry pan.
Mix well and cook for 3 minutes or until heated through.
Meanwhile, prepare the rice according to package instructions or use prepared white rice if desired.
Serve over cooked white rice.
- Serving Size4
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*Standard DV
- Total Fat9 g78 g11.54%
- Saturated Fat2 g20 g10%
- Trans Fat0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat- g
- Monounsaturated Fat- g
- Cholesterol51 mg300 mg17%
- Sodium1253 mg2300 mg54.48%
- Total Carbohydrate57 g275 g20.73%
- Dietary Fiber8 g28 g28.57%
- Total Sugars24 g
- Added Sugars- g50 g0%
- Sugar Alcohal- g
- Protein27 g50 g54%
- Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)- IU800 IU0%
- Calcium- mg1300 mg0%
- Iron- mg18 mg0%
- Potassium- mg4700 mg0%
- Vitamin A- mcg900 mcg0%
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)- mg90 mg0%
Pro Tips to make the Blackstone stir fry recipes tastier:
1) Try adding grated ginger, garlic, or black pepper to the chicken strips before cooking them. This will give the dish added flavor and depth of flavor.
2) If you would like a thicker stir-fry sauce, you can add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce or cornstarch slurry mixture to the griddle stir-fry pan before cooking the vegetables.
3) For a more delicate stir-fry, try adding less oil or seasoning to the chicken strips. This will help greatly to keep the dish light and fresh tasting.
4) Remember to cook the chicken strips for only 2-3 minutes ( MAximum 5 min) per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Overcooking will result in tough, dry chicken pieces.
Tips: Enjoy your chicken recipe with our sweet and healthy sauce.
Health benefits of the chicken stir fry recipe
What we are gaining in this Blackstone stir fry recipes is the benefits of protein. Apart from the chicken itself, we have also used some veggies which are high in protein.
Apart from this, other health benefits of a blackstone stir fry include:
1) The vegetables that go into it provide you with plenty of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C and potassium. These vitamins work together to support strong immunity against disease.
2) Some antioxidants present in these veggies help protect your cells from damage by free radicals, which can cause inflammation and diseases.
3) The high amount of protein in this stir-fry recipe can help to support muscle growth and maintenance.
4) Lastly, by cooking the chicken in a fry sauce, you are getting plenty of flavor and aroma into your meal which will help to stimulate hunger pangs.
Summed up, Stir-frying is one of the easiest ways to make an excellent meal. And if you are using Blackstone stir fry recipes, then you will be in for a treat, as it has all the flavors that one could ever ask for.
It’s got all the basic ingredients of a good stir-fry, like garlic, chicken, and vegetables.
Try adding some other vegetables to make your stir fry even tastier. When done, you will be amazed by the flavors of Blackstone stir fry.
Not just that, but it also tastes delicious. In fact, this stir fry recipe is loved by many people.
We recommend you make Blackstone stir fry every time your family has guests over for dinner!