Why you may choose this Belizean powder bun recipe :
Belizean powder bun recipe is a sweet and flavorful recipe. It needs pretty many ingredients but its taste is worth it. It is crispy outside and soft inside. The grated coconut enhances its taste and flavor.
It is also very easy to make at home and does take too long to make. In this pandemic situation without going outside you can just follow this recipe and make this delicious yummy Belizean powder bun.
Belizean Powder Bun Recipe
- Glass bowls (different size)
- Wooden spoon
- Baking sheet
- 6 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. Grated nutmeg
- ½ cup Raisins
- 4 tbsp. Baking powder
- 2.5 cups Brown sugar
- 4 Oz's Margarine
- 6 Oz's Shortening
- ½ cup Grated coconut
- 2 cups Evaporated milk
- 2 pcs Eggs
- 1 tbsp. Cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. Vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 370 degrees F.
- Grease the baking sheet by using margarine and keep it aside.
- In a small bowl, crack the eggs. Remove all the eggshells. Then brown sugar. Mix with the fork for about 2 minutes or until the sugar crystal is melted properly.
- Take all-purpose flour in another big bowl. Add a pinch of salt, baking powder, the rest of the margarine, raisins, grated nutmeg, cinnamon, shortening, and grated coconut, interblend the ingredients evenly. Slowly add evaporated milk, vanilla essence, egg, and sugar mixture mix with the wooden spoon until batter is thick and soft.
- Take spoonful batter and arrange it on greased baking sheet. Press the dough with a spoon and make it 1.5 inches thick. Keep the spoonful batter at a certain distance so that when it is baked one does not stick to the other.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven at 370 degrees F. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until it is fluffy and golden brown. Once baking is done, remove the buns from the oven and serve hot.
Some questions about Bun are answered below
What temperature is best for baking buns?
- Bake in preheated 392 ° F (200 ° C) for 15 to 20 minutes.
Which ingredient makes bread soft?
- Sugar can be one of the most important ingredients for making soft bread, It is also called natural tenderizer. It’s reduces water activity which will help keep the bread soft for a long time.
How do you know when buns are done?
- You can apply this in several ways, such as looking at the bun to see if it has a deep golden brown color and a dark spot. Also, if you take a bun out of the oven and apply pressure on it, then leave it. If it swells later, you will be able to taste it in a few minutes.
What can I use instead of milk powder in bread?
- You can use a few alternatives instead of Milk Powder. Such as: coconut milk powder, soy milk powder, regular liquid milk and rice powder.
What is the most commonly used bread for sandwiches?
- Yeast Bread is the most widely used for sandwiches.